AllVideos Reloaded for Joomla 1.5 discussion thread

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Joscarfas
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: AllVideos Reloaded for Joomla 1.5 discussion thread

Postby Joscarfas » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:51 am

Awesome!! Thanks again Fitz. I must say, you're are doing an incredible job. Thanks so much for this magnificent piece of work. :pop

isottt
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby isottt » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:14 am

Hi,

My Joomla is placed under http://www.domain.com/folder/

AllVideos Reloaded installation is successfull. However, when I use it like

Code: Select all

{avi}video{/avi}
, it does not work. Then, I realized that the Windows Media Player tried to play the video addressed www.domain.com/folder/folder/images/stories/videos/video.avi (folder is being repeated two times) not www.domain.com/folder/images/stories/videos/video.avi.

As I see, this component cannot properly determine the root path of the joomla. I think it works only if Joomla is directly under the domain not anywhere else.

Any help really appreciated...

Btw, thanks for the great job...

isot

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby felfert » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:05 pm

isottt wrote:Hi,

{avi}video{/avi}
, it does not work. Then, I realized that the Windows Media Player tried to play the video addressed www.domain.com/folder/folder/images/stories/videos/video.avi (folder is being repeated two times) not www.domain.com/folder/images/stories/videos/video.avi.

As I see, this component cannot properly determine the root path of the joomla. I think it works only if Joomla is directly under the domain not anywhere else.

isot

The does no magic "determining", instead it simply uses the setting from Joomla. The logic is explained in the doc:
It concatenates Joomla's function JURI::root(), the images_dir option of com_media and it's own video directory.
You did not report any of your settings, so I can only guess here:

1. JURI::root() returns the /folder
2. The global images_dir of Joomla is most likely set to 'folder/images/stories'
3. AVR's video folder is most likely set to "videos"

This results in "/folder" + '/' + "folder/images/stories" + '/' + "videos".

So:
Fix the global Option "Images directory" to "images/stories". (It is meant to be relative to the site's root!).

Cheers
-Fritz

jxrossel
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby jxrossel » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:16 pm

isottt wrote:Hi,

{avi}video{/avi}

isot

Hi,

You can always set the complete path in the plugin options. Go to the admin backend, then plugin admin, then allvideos reloaded. On the right hand-side, fill in the field "local video folder" correctly.

-Edit-

Or do as Fritz says!

isottt
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby isottt » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:37 pm

Ok, guys...

As you suggest, I changed the local video folder "videos" to "/images/stories/videos" and it worked...

Joomla is great, AllVideos Reloaded is awesome :p

Thanks... ;)

checksum
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Popup window

Postby checksum » Sat May 03, 2008 2:49 am

felfert wrote:
westward wrote:Hi!

Last string on the demo page http://allvideos.fritz-elfert.de/the-module.html - "Watch another video in a popup window by clicking _here_".

I want to make a page with some flv video, like that:
Video samples:
123.flv
456.flv
And I want to have the same behaviour: each video in popup window, sure when visitor clicks on the corresponded url.

On the demo site I don't found any code sample for popup window. Any word on the FAQ or the Documentation section.

Maybe somebody can help me with my question?

sorry for my bad English.
WBR

At the demo site, I have relized this by using the module and the player's JavaScript funtionality. Here is a short description how to do it:
  1. Create a new custom module, based on the AllVideos Reloaded Module.
  2. In the module parameters, make shure that you disable the "Show Title" option on the left.
  3. Fill in your media code, enable "Use popup" and select the popup's size. Leave everything else empty!
  4. In the "Menu Assignment" section, select the pages where you want to use the popup functionality.
  5. Publish the module at (almost) any position.
  6. In your content (or anywhere else on the same page) call the JavaScript function avrOpenPopup0()
E.g.: The source of the link at the demo site looks like this:

<p>Watch another video in a popup window by clicking <a href="#" onclick="avrOpenPopup0();">here</a></p>

Steps 2 and 3 should make the normal module content invisible (only the module's JavaScript is generated).
If you publish multiple different custom AVR modules on a single page, the name of the JavaScript popup function to call is avrOpenPopup0, avrOpenPopup1 and so on...

Cheers
-Fritz

Hello, I have follow these instructions step by step, and I can't still get my popup to work. A windows pops up but it is blank.
I have a dev site which is open to admins only, I can send you the admin login info so you could look at it for me please.
It is located on the frontpage at the top right: [i:[spam] video in a popup window by clicking here
Content in iframe

Here is the HTML code of the popup window:

<html><head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="//plugins/content/avreloaded/swfobject.js"></script>
<style type=text/css>
body { padding-left:0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top:0px; padding-bottom:0px; margin:0px; width:100%; height:100%; }
</style>
</head><body>
<!-- AllVideos Reloaded Plugin (v1.0beta2.711) starts here
--><span id="avreloaded0" class="allvideos">
<script type="text/javascript">
swfobject.embedSWF('//plugins/content/avreloaded/mediaplayer.swf','avreloaded0','330','250','9.0.115','//plugins/content/avreloaded/expressinstall.swf',
{file:'//images/stories/videos/playlist.xml',width:'330',height:'250',displaywidth:'240',
enablejs:'false',autostart:'false',showicons:'true',showstop:'true',showdigits:'true',
showdownload:'false',showvolume:'true',usefullscreen:'true',backcolor:'0x666666',frontcolor:'0xCCCCCC',
lightcolor:'0xFFFFFF',screencolor:'0x666666',overstretch:'true'}
,{allowscriptaccess:'always',seamlesstabbing:'true',allowfullscreen:'true',wmode:'opaque',bgcolor:'#FFFFFF'},
{id:'p_avreloaded0',styleclass:'allvideos'});
</script></span><!--
AllVideos Reloaded Plugin (v1.0beta2.711) ends here --></body></html>

Thanks

quedini
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby quedini » Sat May 03, 2008 3:49 am

I have an issue with AVI files and this component. Component is generating wrong URL "http://alex/joomla_152//joomla_152/images/stories/videos/Mosh_Eminem.avi". Folder "joomla_152" is placed twice in URL and MediaPlayer can not play that file. Is there some solution for this or how I can report this issue to developers?!

I'm having this same issue, here are the settings i have. But its only happening for videos and not on mp3's

1. What is the setting of the "Local video folder" in the settings of the plugin?
videos

2. What is the setting of the "Path to Images" in the global config?
images/stories
3. Please show, what text exactly you typed as media-tag in your article.
{avi}test{/avi}

and i'm ending up with
http://thereignmag.com/redesign//redesign/images/stories/videos/test.avi

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby felfert » Sat May 03, 2008 1:59 pm

quedini wrote:
I have an issue with AVI files and this component. Component is generating wrong URL "http://alex/joomla_152//joomla_152/images/stories/videos/Mosh_Eminem.avi". Folder "joomla_152" is placed twice in URL and MediaPlayer can not play that file. Is there some solution for this or how I can report this issue to developers?!

I'm having this same issue, here are the settings i have. But its only happening for videos and not on mp3's

1. What is the setting of the "Local video folder" in the settings of the plugin?
videos

2. What is the setting of the "Path to Images" in the global config?
images/stories
3. Please show, what text exactly you typed as media-tag in your article.
{avi}test{/avi}

and i'm ending up with
http://thereignmag.com/redesign//redesign/images/stories/videos/test.avi

I think, i found something. Just need to verify:
When you say it happens only with videos: Are those videos only AVI? If yes: Can you try an FLV video instead? (You don't even need an FLV, just change ths {avi} tag into an {flv} tag and have a look in the HTML if the path is correct then.

Apart from that. AVI is not a good format for web-based streaming anyway...

Ciao
-Fritz

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Popup window

Postby felfert » Sat May 03, 2008 2:06 pm

checksum wrote:...
Hello, I have follow these instructions step by step, and I can't still get my popup to work. A windows pops up but it is blank.
I have a dev site which is open to admins only, I can send you the admin login info so you could look at it for me please.
It is located on the frontpage at the top right: [i:[spam] video in a popup window by clicking here
Content in iframe

Here is the HTML code of the popup window:

<html><head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="//plugins/content/avreloaded/swfobject.js"></script>
<style type=text/css>
body { padding-left:0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top:0px; padding-bottom:0px; margin:0px; width:100%; height:100%; }
</style>
</head><body>
<!-- AllVideos Reloaded Plugin (v1.0beta2.711) starts here
--><span id="avreloaded0" class="allvideos">
<script type="text/javascript">
swfobject.embedSWF('//plugins/content/avreloaded/mediaplayer.swf','avreloaded0','330','250','9.0.115','//plugins/content/avreloaded/expressinstall.swf',
{file:'//images/stories/videos/playlist.xml',width:'330',height:'250',displaywidth:'240',
enablejs:'false',autostart:'false',showicons:'true',showstop:'true',showdigits:'true',
showdownload:'false',showvolume:'true',usefullscreen:'true',backcolor:'0x666666',frontcolor:'0xCCCCCC',
lightcolor:'0xFFFFFF',screencolor:'0x666666',overstretch:'true'}
,{allowscriptaccess:'always',seamlesstabbing:'true',allowfullscreen:'true',wmode:'opaque',bgcolor:'#FFFFFF'},
{id:'p_avreloaded0',styleclass:'allvideos'});
</script></span><!--
AllVideos Reloaded Plugin (v1.0beta2.711) ends here --></body></html>

Thanks

The code lookes quite ok on first sight, however you are using a quite old version 1.0beta2. The current version is 1.1.
Apart from that. If I'd had an URL I would have a look.

Ciao
-Fritz

KarlWalkinshaw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby KarlWalkinshaw » Sat May 03, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi

I have successfully installed this plug in on my site.

However, I get a WARN_JAVASCRIPT message above the video play window.

can someone advise how to get rid of it.

Thanks

Karl

PS: Thank you for an awesome PlugIN

quedini
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby quedini » Sat May 03, 2008 6:18 pm

When you say it happens only with videos: Are those videos only AVI? If yes: Can you try an FLV video instead? (You don't even need an FLV, just change ths {avi} tag into an {flv} tag and have a look in the HTML if the path is correct then.

Ciao

So FLV works, but not the other ones, so do u know what that Is?? I know that AVI sucks for streaming, but i was just trying to test out the different formats for my client

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby felfert » Sat May 03, 2008 7:37 pm

KarlWalkinshaw wrote:Hi

I have successfully installed this plug in on my site.

However, I get a WARN_JAVASCRIPT message above the video play window.

can someone advise how to get rid of it.

Thanks

Karl

PS: Thank you for an awesome PlugIN

This happens, if a language file is missing (the WARN_JAVASCRIPT is a language-constant). Normally, Joomla's translation function should fall back to en-GB in that case, but I've seen failed fallbacks resulting in this constant showing up already. It will be addressed (by using a hardcoded last-resort) in the next version. Until then, simply define an invisible alternate content in the plugin backend. E.g. do the following:

1. Go to the plugin's configuration in the Plugin Manager
  2. Open the Advanced Parameters
  3. At the text area named Alternate content, enter <span>&nbsp;</span>
  4. Click on Save
Cheers
-Fritz

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby felfert » Sat May 03, 2008 7:52 pm

quedini wrote:

Ciao

So FLV works, but not the other ones, so do u know what that Is?? I know that AVI sucks for streaming, but i was just trying to test out the different formats for my client

No, the other way round: Everything but local avi,wmv,wma,mpg and mpeg works. Those do not work, if the site's root-directory is not / . But I wanted your confirmation: Can you please confirm, that if using FLV, the path is correct?

Furthermore, the remote-variants aviremote,wmvremote,wmaremote,mpgremote and mpegremote are not affected by this. So if it's absolutely necessary to use one of those formats, simply use those with the full media-URL. e.g: {aviremote}http://your.site.com/images/stories/videos/myvideo.avi{/aviremote}

Cheers
-Fritz

bernstar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby bernstar » Mon May 05, 2008 2:19 am

Helo,

I have the following problem:

I uploaded v1.1 stable and did realy the same for an mp3-playlist, like discribed on this site:
http://allvideos.fritz-elfert.de/local- ... ml?start=4

My problem:
The mp3s are displayed, but i cannot play them. The player runs through the playlist, like there are no Files (= no loading, no playing). But i know, the files exist. Here is the location-tag:
<location>/images/stories/audio/Mainfile.mp3</location>

If i play it like a single file with {mp3}-tag, there is no problem, so i think, it must be some problem with the playlist.
Whats wrong?

bernstar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby bernstar » Mon May 05, 2008 2:48 am

Sorry, found the problem. I have to use absolute paths instead of relative paths like the sample on the homepage, i posted above.

Is there any way, to use relative paths?

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby felfert » Mon May 05, 2008 1:47 pm

bernstar wrote:Sorry, found the problem. I have to use absolute paths instead of relative paths like the sample on the homepage, i posted above.

Is there any way, to use relative paths?

From inside the playlist? Yes.
Those in the sample start with a slash so they are absolute?!
Ciao
-Fritz

bernstar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby bernstar » Mon May 05, 2008 1:59 pm

I tried the sample, but i could only getting it to work, if i write the whole path like:
<location>http://www.Homepage.de/images/stories/audio/Mainsong.mp3</location>
(working!)

In the sample there is the path like:
<location>/images/stories/audio/Mainsong.mp3</location>
but it doesn't work. Don't know why. It cannot find this file?!

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby felfert » Mon May 05, 2008 4:04 pm

bernstar wrote:I tried the sample, but i could only getting it to work, if i write the whole path like:
<location>http://www.Homepage.de/images/stories/audio/Mainsong.mp3</location>
(working!)

In the sample there is the path like:
<location>/images/stories/audio/Mainsong.mp3</location>
but it doesn't work. Don't know why. It cannot find this file?!

I think, we first should clear some terminology (regarding absolute URLs and absolute paths)

• An absolute URL always starts with the protocol e.g.: http://...
  • An absolute path always starts with a slash and refers to a server's toplevel path, which - in case of Joomla - is not necessarily the site's toplevel path. (Joomla sites can be in some subdirectory of the server).
  • A relative path does not start with a slash and is relative to the baseURL of the page you are watching.

As I wrote before, the path from the example is absolute and the most likely reason why it does not work with your site is, that your site's toplevel URL is not http://www.Homepage.de/ but some directory below that like http://www.Homepage.de/test/. You did not tell your site's real URL (i assume it's not http.//www.homepage.de/) so I can only give some hints:

The path /images/stories/audio/Mainsong.mp3 resolves to
http://www.homepage.de/images/stories/audio/Mainsong.mp3
If your site's toplevel is not in the server's toplevel directory that would be wrong of course.
You can use a relative path images/stories/audio/Mainsong.mp3 (without the starting slash) and this would work with both http://www.homepage.de/ and http://www.homepage.de/testjoomla/.

Cheers
-Fritz

bernstar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby bernstar » Mon May 05, 2008 4:28 pm

Oh, thanks for the informations.
You are right, my homepage is in a subdirectory on the server.
(didn't thought, it would be the problem)

Now i tried the way without starting slash, but the files still couldn't be find.
Maybe its because the Pop-up opens with the following link:
http://www.HOMEPAGE.de/SUBDIRECTORY//mo ... .php?id=44

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby felfert » Mon May 05, 2008 6:11 pm

bernstar wrote:Oh, thanks for the informations.
You are right, my homepage is in a subdirectory on the server.
(didn't thought, it would be the problem)

Now i tried the way without starting slash, but the files still couldn't be find.
Maybe its because the Pop-up opens with the following link:
http://www.HOMEPAGE.de/SUBDIRECTORY//mo ... .php?id=44

Inside the popup, the baseURL is completely different. (This will change in a future version when the popup will be realized by a special component view instead of a helper). If your popup URL is http://www.HOMEPAGE.de/SUBDIRECTORY//mo ... elper2.php
then your baseURL is http://www.HOMEPAGE.de/SUBDIRECTORY//mo ... vreloaded/
(The path of a baseURL is always the directory-part of the current URL)
so a correct relative URL would be ../../images/stories/audio/Mainsong.mp3

Cheers
-Fritz

Edit:
A correct absolute path (not absolute URL) would be:
/SUBDIRECTORY/images/stories/audio/Mainsong.mp3
Using an absolute path (or URL) is necessary if you want to be able to use the same playlist from within a popup and from a player, embedded in a regular page.

bernstar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby bernstar » Mon May 05, 2008 6:24 pm

Great thanks. I will try this.

mladost13
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Postby mladost13 » Tue May 06, 2008 4:47 am

I cannot make it work locally, so I tried to use it to show a [youtube] video but nothing all I see is the calling line {[youtube]}W1TMZASCR-I{/[youtube]}

Nevermind, its working now, it was something about the format of the text I was using, I know, nosense, but I cleared formatting and suddenly started to work.

Thanks anyway

bernstar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby bernstar » Wed May 07, 2008 5:30 pm

Now i have a new problem.
I want to use a swf-file as Logo on the top, so i set a new modul to the top.

The swf is exportet as transparent and tested in html-code. But if i put it into the modul, there is a black background. What can i do?
Here is my tag-code of the modul-box:
{swf repeat="true" autostart="true" wmode="transparent" shownav="false" width="420" height="50"}Logo{/swf}

I also have some warnings:
Firefox: WARN_JAVASCRIPT (but logo is shown)
IE: WARN_JAVASCRIPTWARN_FLASH (no logo is shown :( )

It has to work on bove browsers and i don't want to show warinings. How can i do that?

dtimes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby dtimes » Thu May 08, 2008 6:41 am

Please give support for the website www.blip.tv.. So we can just plugin in tags.

Thanks! :D

morktron
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Postby morktron » Thu May 08, 2008 10:26 am

Hi Fritz, excellent work on the component :)

I need your help though or anyone else who can help. My server has recently been upgraded and now the videos have stopped working. The player shows up but no video plays.

I never changed anything. So now I tried uninstalling and installing the latest version but still the same thing happens.

The videos are tutorials on how to manage the website but they are password protected. I could give you superadmin access if you want to have a look?

I will also ask my host and see what they think.
digital solutions for sentient bipeds (including Joomla web design, custom designed Joomla templates...)
www.digiflip.tv

nikez2k4
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby nikez2k4 » Fri May 09, 2008 10:31 am

Hi Guys

From what I can tell this plugin will be really useful for us...however I have such a n00b question I can hardly bare ask it. I must be missing something REALLY obvious!!

How do you actually display the video in an item? I have installed the plugin and enabled it but when I put {flv}video{/flv} in my item that is all that appears...just text.

I must be doing something wrong somewhere :-[

Any ideas? *hides*

Thanks,
James

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby felfert » Fri May 09, 2008 12:15 pm

nikez2k4 wrote:Hi Guys

From what I can tell this plugin will be really useful for us...however I have such a n00b question I can hardly bare ask it. I must be missing something REALLY obvious!!

How do you actually display the video in an item? I have installed the plugin and enabled it but when I put {flv}video{/flv} in my item that is all that appears...just text.

I must be doing something wrong somewhere :-[

Any ideas? *hides*

Thanks,
James

Most likely, your {flv}video{/flv} is not what it appears to be in your WYSIWYG editor. Switch your editor to plain HTML mode and have a look. I bet, that you will see something like {<kbd>flv</kbd>} or similar. Remove all additional
HTML markup so that the media tag looks exactly like documented.

Cheers
-Fritz

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby felfert » Fri May 09, 2008 12:16 pm

morktron wrote:Hi Fritz, excellent work on the component :)

I need your help though or anyone else who can help. My server has recently been upgraded and now the videos have stopped working. The player shows up but no video plays.

I never changed anything. So now I tried uninstalling and installing the latest version but still the same thing happens.

The videos are tutorials on how to manage the website but they are password protected. I could give you superadmin access if you want to have a look?

I will also ask my host and see what they think.

Shure. Just contact me via email.

felfert
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby felfert » Fri May 09, 2008 12:19 pm

dtimes wrote:Please give support for the website http://www.blip.tv.. So we can just plugin in tags.

Thanks! :D

Please submit feature requests here

Cheers
-Fritz

robi76
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby robi76 » Fri May 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi,
I would like to mute the sound of the video as default , how do I do that? couldn't find a parmeter for that...

Thnaks.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”