LQM Permissions Issue

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Shorehaven
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

LQM Permissions Issue

Post by Shorehaven » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:30 pm

Logos Query Manager(LQM)

I installed Joomla 1.5.8 in a GoDaddy hosted sub-domain...members.mysite.com. When I use the fully installed, registered and activated LQM components to attempt to query either the Joomla default database or a new fully accessible database, I get the following error msgs appear...

Warning: fopen(/var/logs/lqm.debug.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/joomla/html/plugins/gmitc/lqm/dispatch.php on line 1329

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/joomla/html/plugins/gmitc/lqm/dispatch.php on line 1330

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/joomla/html/plugins/gmitc/lqm/dispatch.php on line 1331

The LQM support response to the error msgs was "The webserver user account needs to have permission to the Joomla log directory ( Joomla Global Configurations ) to write the LQM log files...contact your hosting service and ask them for the best place and the safest permissions for this log directory." According to GoDaddy the root level of the site(even though Joomla is loaded in a sub-domain) needs the proper php.ini file to permit access to the log file.

My question is how does this php.ini file get the proper settings/code to have permissions to the Joomla log directory and where do I go to make the update. Does this php.ini get configured through Joomla Global Configuration screens somehow?

If it is necessary to manually configure .ini file can anyone please suggest the code by fully integrating it into the default php.ini file that resides at the root level and help with how to post this update?

Thanks, Paul(Shorehaven)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bwls
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: LQM Permissions Issue

Post by bwls » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Did you ever find assistance on this?

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”