JFolder::files: Path is not a folder

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: JFolder::files: Path is not a folder

Post by dpacadmin » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:58 pm

Check under Help/System Info then the Directory Permissions tab and see if all your folders are writable. Have your Host check your site's file and folder permissions and that they all have the same ownership.

You can try running the Forum Post Assistant on your site and see if it finds any issues.

andrewop
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by andrewop » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:34 am

Hello
you are welcome
Long path tool is the best solution for your problem. try it and solve your problem.

zervas
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by zervas » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:07 am

luisr_ca wrote:I had this problem too, but managed to fix it, so I'm posting my situation in the hopes it can help others.

I had previously had to change the path to the images folders to the full "http:\\" path in order to get SEO working. But doing that caused the "path is not a folder" error when trying to edit articles and upload images.

To fix the problem, I reset the paths to the media & image folders back to the defaults.

Path to media folder must be set to "images",
Path to image folder must be set to "images\stories"

Doing this resolved the JFolder:: path is not a folder error.

Luis
how can I set images and images\stories ? where can I find them ?

edit: I found them in ''media' category in options . I set images and images stories , but i still got an error message when I try to unistall a component or module

Warning
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: C:\xampp\htdocs\omikron-systems\administrator\components\com_falang
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: C:\xampp\htdocs\omikron-systems\components\com_falang
Component Uninstall: Can't uninstall. Please remove manually.
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: C:\xampp\htdocs\omikron-systems\modules\mod_falang
Module Uninstall: Manifest file invalid or not found.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”