[Solved] Auto Sync Users Community Builder and Joomla - NEW

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
gxisolutions
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

[Solved] Auto Sync Users Community Builder and Joomla - NEW

Post by gxisolutions » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Synchronizing Joomla and Community builder users will solve many Community Builder user related issues such as; Synchronizing users between Community Builder and Virtuemart, Synchronizing users and external authentications such as Gmail, twitter and much much more.

I think this will work for any version of Joomla or Community Builder - Tested on Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.2

######## Solution 1: (Just cron job) ########

Example:

DB Username: username
DB Password: password
Database name: database
Host: cmysql5-1.host.com
Port: 3306
NB: change jos_ if you are using an alternative prefix e.g. joom_
Note: The info below goes into your “Command” line, you need to configure how often you want to run the cron job in the cron job settings while scheduling/setting up the cron job. For more info on setting up your cron job please contact your website host or go to our support forum: http://gxi.co.za/webmaster-forum.html

// SIMPLE:

Use this if your sql host is “localhost” (default in most cases)

mysql -uusername -ppassword database -e "INSERT IGNORE INTO jos_comprofiler(id,user_id) SELECT id,id FROM jos_users";

e.g (will run every hour):

* */1 * * * mysql -uusername -ppassword database -e "INSERT IGNORE INTO jos_comprofiler(id,user_id) SELECT id,id FROM jos_users";

// ADVANCED:

Use this if your sql host is not “localhost” and you need to enter a host address and port (cmysql5-1.host.com: 3306 etc)

mysql -uusername -ppassword -hcmysql5-1.host.com -P3306 database -e "INSERT IGNORE INTO jos_comprofiler(id,user_id) SELECT id,id FROM jos_users";

e.g (will run every hour):

* */1 * * * mysql -uusername -ppassword -hcmysql5-1.host.com -P3306 database -e "INSERT IGNORE INTO jos_comprofiler(id,user_id) SELECT id,id FROM jos_users";

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

######## Solution 2: (Cron job + File) ########

Create a PHP file somewhere with the following information (be sure to correct to your database settings), when you setup you crone job ensure you include the full path i.e.

* */1 * * * php /full/path/to/script.php

The PHP file must contain:

<?php

$server = 'localhost';
$username = 'mysql_username';
$password = 'mysql_password';
$database = 'mysql_database_name';

### connects to the database, or dies with error
$connection = mysql_connect($server,$username,$password);
if (!$connection)
{
die( mysql_error() );
}

### selects the db of choice, or dies with error
$db_selection = mysql_select_db($database, $connection);
if (!$db_selection)
{
die( mysql_error() );
}

### selects all tables in the db of choice, or dies with error
$alltables = mysql_query("SHOW TABLES") or die ( mysql_error() );

### loops through all of the tables and optimizes each, or dies with error
while ( $table = mysql_fetch_array($alltables) )
{
mysql_query("INSERT IGNORE INTO jos_comprofiler(id,user_id) SELECT id,id FROM jos_users") or die( mysql_error() );
}

### closes the mysql connection
mysql_close($connection);

?>
Last edited by pe7er on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Self promotion is not allowed. Manual signature has been removed. Please use the forum signature (see profile) instead.
For more information - GXI Solutions & Development: http://www.gxi.co.za

Artificia3
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: [Solved] Auto Sync Users Community Builder and Joomla -

Post by Artificia3 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:24 pm

I really needed to force the Community Builder syncUsers to execute at the end of the Virtuemart order process - so users can buy something in the shop, leave the site and find they can log in. Before I implemented the hack below, I was finding that users were not able to log into the site because their Community Builder "Confirmed" and "Approved" status was set to NO.

I didn't want my users to have to respond to an email to complete their Virtuemart purchase, so I couldn't stick the syncUsers on the authorisation process, as suggested elsewhere.

I read about a module that would do this job, but I didn't want to slow the site down by executing syncUsers more than possible. So I stuck it on the end of the Virtuemart order process.

The file I edited was administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/checkout.thankyou.php

I just added the code below before the final ?> (which I left in the code snippet so you can see where the hack sits relative to the final ?> )

Code: Select all

// A hack to force Community Builder to syncUsers and set confirmed and approved to true
$sql_sync = "INSERT IGNORE INTO #__comprofiler(id,user_id) SELECT id,id FROM #__users";
$database->setQuery($sql_sync);
$database->query();

?>
Hope this helps someone - I have been struggling with it all day and am grateful to all who wrote related information that made this fix possible for me. I have tested it and the syncUsers is happening at the end of a VM pruchase, as hoped for. Yay!

thameslink
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thameslink » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:33 am

Awesome that did help, do you know which file I'd have to append that code to, to make it sync on the registration complete part of the checkout process instead.

hetul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hetul » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:32 am

Artificia3 wrote:I really needed to force the Community Builder syncUsers to execute at the end of the Virtuemart order process - so users can buy something in the shop, leave the site and find they can log in. Before I implemented the hack below, I was finding that users were not able to log into the site because their Community Builder "Confirmed" and "Approved" status was set to NO.

I didn't want my users to have to respond to an email to complete their Virtuemart purchase, so I couldn't stick the syncUsers on the authorisation process, as suggested elsewhere.

I read about a module that would do this job, but I didn't want to slow the site down by executing syncUsers more than possible. So I stuck it on the end of the Virtuemart order process.

The file I edited was administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/checkout.thankyou.php

I just added the code below before the final ?> (which I left in the code snippet so you can see where the hack sits relative to the final ?> )

Code: Select all

// A hack to force Community Builder to syncUsers and set confirmed and approved to true
$sql_sync = "INSERT IGNORE INTO #__comprofiler(id,user_id) SELECT id,id FROM #__users";
$database->setQuery($sql_sync);
$database->query();

?>
Hope this helps someone - I have been struggling with it all day and am grateful to all who wrote related information that made this fix possible for me. I have tested it and the syncUsers is happening at the end of a VM pruchase, as hoped for. Yay!

I am not using VM but I want to use the default joomla login...
where do I need to add this code to get it to sync users on each login request?

using joomla 1.5.22

please advice.

Thanks
hk

xamonix
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by xamonix » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:00 pm

To sync Communit Builder with joomla just put this code at the end of the registration file (com_user/register).
That would do the job.

WesleyHP
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: [Solved] Auto Sync Users Community Builder and Joomla - NEW

Post by WesleyHP » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:48 pm

Working perfectly for me in Joomla 3.6.x+
Thanks.

roholla
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: [Solved] Auto Sync Users Community Builder and Joomla - NEW