Automatically create contacts from new user registration

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jaal
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Automatically create contacts from new user registration

Post by jaal » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:41 pm

I've searched the JED and the web at large but haven't come across an extension that can create contacts from new user registrations.

Community Builder is overkill for me because I don't need the rest of its features. All I require is to have a new contact created when a new user registers.

If anyone's aware of any such extension please let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

iwilson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Automatically create contacts from new user registration

Post by iwilson » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:14 pm

I am also in need of this functionality, seems as though this should be relatively basic.

jackibar
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jackibar » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:32 am

I'm looking for the same feature! Did y'all have any luck yet?!

neilcartwright
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by neilcartwright » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:44 am

Me too. I want a create a website where users who register are shown in a directory. Joomla offers the ability to create a directory of contacts but not users, which is why I want a contact created as well.

As a new Joomla user I can't understand why the users and contacts aren't in the same way with an option to make them a user and a further option to make them a user!

djalan2000
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by djalan2000 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:25 pm

I would also like this feature, OR, is there a way to make a login/signup that puts the user into the CONTACTS part INSTEAD of the users and then uses that information for future logins?

DJAlan
http://www.amazingsounds.com

SaltyFog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SaltyFog » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:48 pm

I concur.

These two items really need to be one item.

It's like the old Sections/Categories thing in 1.5... It simply doesn't make sense to have two separate entities requiring two versions of coding to do the same thing.

Additionally, components like Virtuemart should also link to it so you have a comprehensive solution system wide.

If the two need to be "distinct" for security reasons or for preference - once mashed together, the "registration and contact modules" could be toggled with "basic" and "advanced"... or tabbed for the same function.

But then when using forms and other modules we would not have to reinvent the code for every single module all the time, to play hide and seek for data to pull from the database for our needs.

IMHO and all that...

amelix
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by amelix » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:26 pm

I needed this function as well. I went into the Plugins (Extensions > Plugins), did a search for Contacts and found a disabled plugin called "User - Contact Creator". Still tweaking it for my site but it did make an automatic contact for my test registration.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”