I'm shopping for a mod/ext/plug that can extend user profile

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
accardi
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

I'm shopping for a mod/ext/plug that can extend user profile

Post by accardi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi,

I've tried many ACL extensions, modules, plugins, etc. I need something less complicated. Maybe you know?

I want to keep extra private data for each individual registered user. An easy solution (I would think) is a module that allows me to add (multiline) fields to the user profile data. This way, a registered logged in user, can click the default My Details User Menu choice and see, in addition to the standard account info, the extra fields I have added with private data.

The ACL solutions I have checked would require me to create a new user group for each individual user, then a separate category or item group for the one piece of private data for that one user in that one group. For 500 users that is 500 individual buckets for one-person-groups and 500 individual buckets for that user's content.

Do you know of an extension that can do this more simply by just extending the fields of the user profile data set?

Thanks,
accardi

dylanjh
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: I'm shopping for a mod/ext/plug that can extend user pro

Post by dylanjh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:13 pm

It sounds like you need something like extendedRegistration, or Alpha Registration, but that will make the "extended" fields the same for everybody. Is that what you are looking for?
EmailAsUsername - Remove Usernames Joomla! Virtuemart And JomSocial registration http://www.lunarhotel.co.uk Many other extensions supported.

accardi
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: I'm shopping for a mod/ext/plug that can extend user pro

Post by accardi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:11 pm

Thanks for replying, dylanjh. Yes, I think that would be OK. The fields would just be blank for those without the data. I'll check into your suggestions.

Cheers,
accardi

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”