Joomla Component templates for Netbeans IDE

DaveGrahamOrg
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla Component templates for Netbeans IDE

Post by DaveGrahamOrg » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:53 pm

I see that there is a lot of discussion about IDEs.  I am not going to enter that discussion.  I have been using Netbeans for years as a Java programmer.  I have recently come to Joomla as I now have three Joomla sites I am managing.

I have been following Netbean development and the new PHP language plug-in.  See http://wiki.netbeans.org/wiki/view/PHP.

Should be noted that PHP is still on the TBD for ship with Netbeans 6.1 (April 2008)

Initial ship would contain two standard templates for types of PHP projects (Create new PHP Project and create from existing code .  http://wiki.netbeans.org/wiki/view/PHPProjectTemplates

I was thinking of developing a new PHP project template:  Create new Joomla Component

I would not be willing to enter this project without some backup.  I really do not know enough details of build really useful components.  I have hacked a few for my sites.  I understand the Hello World stuff.  I just don't know what stubbed files would be useful in a Create Joomla Componet project.

So post if this is of interest or if you think it is a waste of time.  Or whatever you think.

Dave

lemuelj
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla Component templates for Netbeans IDE

Post by lemuelj » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:15 pm

Hi

I will add my two cents, I have just downloaded the NetBeans 6.0.1 with the PHP beta plugin. I would very much be interested in the development of Joomla Templates using NetBeans. I am not a Java Progammer, by any stretch of the the term. But do program in PHP, but with this tool may start looking into some Java App deveplopment all so.

Lem

DaveGrahamOrg
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DaveGrahamOrg » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:36 pm

Lem:

Thanks for the interest! When I posted this thread I was between projects and had some time on my hands. Now I find myself slammed with work. I am still interested in the project, but will not be able to give it any atention for a few months. Keep in touch. You can reach me through my web site listed on my signature.

Dave

yudiset
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by yudiset » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:57 am

Hi Dave,

Any updates on this project?

DaveGrahamOrg
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DaveGrahamOrg » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:27 pm

Yudiset:

No. I don't see having any free time for something like this unit the end of the year at best. I am working on a project that has turned into a bit of a death march and must be delivered at the end of the year. If someone else wishes to pick up on this idea, they should feel free to do so.

Dave

Return to “Joombie Tools of the Trade”