Automation of Publishing

ecliptech
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Automation of Publishing

Post by ecliptech » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:24 am

I’m very new to Joomla as I’ve just taken over the administration of my golf clubs website, which is running on Joomla. We now have some cool software that everyone types their scores into and winners and handicaps are worked out almost automatically.

I want competition results to be published directly to the website so the members can log on over the weekend and see how they’re ranking against everyone else.

Now I haven’t looked at the software too much yet, but I’d assume I can at the very least get into the database behind this software and export it as xml.

Can anyone suggest how I might start looking at sending this to the Joomla website and publishing/updating it on the site?

almites
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Automation of Publishing

Post by almites » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:15 pm

what you are looking for is a custom component,

it would not be terribly difficult to process the scores and generate handicaps,

create a DB to hold player scores and course score, associated with different users,

lots of ways to layout the results, from a simple table listing to high res photos of the courses with space for that same table with pretty formating

long term could create a database of golf courses, information about them including the course par, contact, phone,
potential is deep

Return to “Joombie Tools of the Trade”