Joomla Eclipse Project

jerryh_nc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla Eclipse Project

Post by jerryh_nc » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:43 pm

Eclipse is new for me. I have an XAMPP installation on my local PC. Can my Eclipse workspace be the same as the XAMPP local directory for my J! site or do I have to have a separate workspace.

It's not intuitively clear as to how to load the a fresh Joomla site into Ecplise. Are there any decent tutorials out there? The Joomla developers wiki shows how to install Eclipse, but it doesn't go so far as to show how to load the Joomla site into Eclipse.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Joomla Eclipse Project

Post by AmyStephen » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:28 pm

Hi Jerry -

An Eclipse workspace can hold many, many projects, without any problem.

Really, installing a fresh copy of Joomla! "into Eclipse" is just defining a new copy of Joomla! on to your local XAMPP host. There's a very good video in The http://docs.joomla.org/beginners resources that will step you through that process.

Also, if you are wanting to stay current with the 1.5 series as the Bug Squad makes changse, you can find several ways of gaining access to the latest build on the code page for the developer site.

Hopefully, that will help you get started - if you have additional questions - or if I misunderstood, please try again!
Amy :)

Return to “Joombie Tools of the Trade”