Eclipse Error Creating New Debug Configuration

dextercowley
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Eclipse Error Creating New Debug Configuration

Post by dextercowley » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi. I'm trying to set up my Windows PC with Eclipse and PHP using the very good instructions here: http://dev.joomla.org/component/option, ... nners:ide/.

I think my Eclipse version might be slightly different than the version referred to in the article (the link for the Eclipse download there doesn't work). I'm using Ecllipse 3.3.2, which I believe is the latest stable version. The screenshots in the article don't quite match what I have, so I'm guessing that that article is using Eclipse 3.2?

Anyway, I tried to follow the instructions as best as I could, and everything seemed to going peachy until I got to the step where you create the Debug Launch Configuration. When I click on the New_Configuration, I get an Eclipse error "An error has occurred. See error log for more details. org.eclipse.php.internal.core.util.FileUtils.fileExists(Ljava/lang/String;)Z". Here is the first part of the eclipse error log:
!SESSION 2008-07-23 14:44:25.734 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=M20080221-1800
java.version=1.6.0_05
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -consolelog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2008-07-23 14:46:04.000
!MESSAGE NLS missing message: DebugConnectionThread_oldDebuggerVersion in: org.e
clipse.php.internal.debug.core.PHPDebugCoreMessages

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2008-07-23 14:46:04.015
!MESSAGE NLS missing message: DebugServerTestEvent_success in: org.eclipse.php.i
nternal.debug.core.PHPDebugCoreMessages

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2008-07-23 14:46:04.015
!MESSAGE NLS missing message: DebugServerTestEvent_timeOutMessage in: org.eclips
e.php.internal.debug.core.PHPDebugCoreMessages

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2008-07-23 14:47:15.406
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
I don't really understand this, but it looks like I might be using an "old Debugger Version".

At this point, I am unable to create a Debug Launch Configuration (the OK button is grayed out). So I'm stuck.

Should I be using a different Eclipse version other than 3.3.2? A newer version of XDebug? (I'm using "php_xdebug-2.0.0-5.2.2.dll" per the web page instructions).

Thanks for any help you might provide. Mark
Mark Dexter
"Well...how did I get here?"

Return to “Joombie Tools of the Trade”