Want to help J!101???

DarkDesign
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Want to help J!101???

Post by DarkDesign » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:21 am

Name: Paul Ripmeester aka Silver aka PotFarmersInc(yeh i am Dutch)

Education Level: Not even the Pc branch this is my to big growen hobby.
Learned everything myself over the past decade, "like a bad habbit i won't go away" lol

Skills
Programming: Novice
HTML: Advanced
CSS: Advanced
Graphics: Expert
Other: 3D Graphics artist for MODS of PC games, Logo's and flyers for night-clubs in holland

Tools: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Bryce, Poser, Maya Fusion and the good old notepad.

How long have you been using Joomla? 4 months

How much time can you devote to this effort?
**Depends on the time and what you need done
But i am willing to put a fair amount of time in this project.

travisdh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by travisdh » Mon May 12, 2008 6:19 am

Name: Travis Hale

Education Level: B.Sci (Biotechnology) --> With self taught experience in Linux Server Administration, Windows Server Admin, Technology & The Likes.

Skills
Programming: Intermediate
HTML: Intermediate
CSS: Very-Intermediate
Graphics: None
Other: Have some experience in the hosting aspects of Joomla (L-A-M-P, L-L-M-P --> Servers brought off ebay as self teaching tool), also have some experience in SQL

Tools: Notepad, a few IDE's, XAMPP, WAMP,

How long have you been using Joomla? Toyed around with it for a few years, getting into it quite seriously the last year.

How much time can you devote to this effort?
Depends on my workload and personal life, starting from a few hours a week, up to a few hours per day.
New Project coming shortly, a new management platform for the home.... powered by Joomla!, will post more information shortly and may need testers :)

tekcronic
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by tekcronic » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:23 pm

Name: William Crandell aka Tekcronic

Education Level: High School (2000) / 10 years of trial and error (for what it's worth)

Skills:
Programming:
Limited REAL WORLD experience but novice in PHP and JavaScript.
Understanding of Ajax, Web 2.0 and benefits of research vs open source
Learning Encryption (I didn't think programing in general was hard enough to learn, I guess ;) )
HTML: Proficient with IDE tools (prefer aptana and a little rusty on a note pad (except Notepad++ :D )
CSS: Full understanding but still trying to stop using the approaches I used in the late 90's mostly I need to start using a generator and life will be much easier because of the differences with FF vs IE (mostly 6 and below)
Graphics: Gimp, Learning video editing (Sony Vegas Platinum), Inkscape, Crap handy drawer, Good at non-real imagery (like web 2.0 logos)
Other: I do best editing but can create from scratch though the mashing of 2 codes together is usually what I do. I spend a lot of time researching technology and

Tools Aptana, Notepad++, Web Developer (extension for firefox), Firebug (also FF ext.), Joomla.org, Google.com

How long have you been using Joomla? since before it was called joomla ;)

How much time can you devote to this effort? a Considerable amount as I have invested alot of time and money in starting a Company I am just getting off the ground for web design and hosting (which it is exclusively planned to use Joomla as the interface). (Ubuntu is my OS of choice but I float between Win and Linux depending on convenience)
The biggest issue with my time is that I have a resource that will quickly answer questions so I can spend less time on research.
**This will not affect your ability to contribute.

Return to “Joombie Think Tank”