Joomla 1.5 Compact Installation and webservice API

carmen_m_a_r_i_a
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 1.5 Compact Installation and webservice API

Post by carmen_m_a_r_i_a » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:01 am

Hello guys,

I just finished working on some adds to Joomla 1.5.
My purpose, while working for a hosting provider, was to have an API of some sort, that would enable hosting providers to offer their customers the possibility to install Joomla 1.5 into their account with only a click. I will appreciate if you will have a look at it and any comments are welcome.
- First of all, In class JInstallationController [installation/installer/controler.php] I added the method completeInstall which can do all installation steps at once.
- I created a new file [installation/installer/views/install/webapi.php] with the class JInstallationViewWebAPI, which is the same as JInstallationView from [installation/installer/views/install/view.php] but without any output, to be able to do all steps silently.
- I added a new method called getViewType() to JInstallationModel, with wich a specifiec view is selected in JInstallationController ::getView. The view is choosen based on post variable 'viewtype'.
- I also created an empty template in file [installation/template/empty.php] used in [installation/includes/application.php] for those who don't want to use the standard Joomla 1.5 template.
- In [installation/installer/models/model.php] I did some server side vallidation for ftp information, site name, admin email, admin password.

For testing I used a simple html file with a form containig the needed fields.

I think this patch will be usefull for anyone who wants to offer the Joomla 1.5 capabilities and make it very easy to install for inexperienced customers.
Regards,
Carmen Popescu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by carmen_m_a_r_i_a on Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Joombie Developer Lab”