Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
Locked
raduga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by raduga » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:22 am

About:
      1. Three columns layout
      2. Clean and professional valid code without tables
      3. Excellent compatibility with old and modern browsers such as IE5, IE5.5, IE6, IE7, Firefox, Opera 7 +, Safari, Netscape and other

Template Overrides:

    — Module Chrome with H2
    — Login module
    — Componentheading -> H1
    — Contentheading -> H2
    — Read more button

Template Parameters:

    — width: fixed or fluid
    — 3 colors for right modules
    — Show/Hide TopBlock with various pages
    — Show/Hide the component output

Image

Demo: http://joomlafabric.com/
Download1: http://joomlafabric.com/file/bizuniverse.zip  (version r1.01 Tested with Joomla! 1.5.0 Production/Stable [ Endeleo ] 1-September-2007)
Download2: http://joomlafabric.com/file/2/bizuniverse.zip (version r1.04 for Joomla 1.5rc3)

8)
Last edited by raduga on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MuffinDCC
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:07 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by MuffinDCC » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:39 am

Lovely, I like the look of this :)  One additional comment, the background at the footer area is repeating which looks "off".

raduga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by raduga » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:59 am

MuffinDCC wrote: Lovely, I like the look of this :)  One additional comment, the background at the footer area is repeating which looks "off".
Can you attach a screenshot where background repeats? And what browser? Thanks  :)

User avatar
MuffinDCC
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:07 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by MuffinDCC » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:08 pm

In good old Internet Explorer 7  :P lol

See attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 18667
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:47 pm
Location: **Translation Matters**

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by infograf768 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:39 pm

Notice: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to int in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 56

Warning: Missing argument 2 for ContentHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute(), called in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/templates/bizuniverse/html/com_content/frontpage/default_item.php on line 69 and defined in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 71

Notice: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to int in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 74

Notice: Undefined variable: sectionid in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 76
(bold by me)

+ add
img { border: 0 none; }
in your template.css
so as to take off border around pdf/email/print/edit icons
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf · http://www.info-graf.fr
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

User avatar
MindTooth
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:58 am
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by MindTooth » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:40 pm

Great template, but it is abit hard to read the footer content.

raduga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by raduga » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:01 pm

MuffinDCC wrote: In good old Internet Explorer 7  :P lol
See attached
Low screen size?
Now I add background-attachment: fixed;
Try now, please.
MindTooth wrote: Great template, but it is abit hard to read the footer content.
I have changed color  :)
infograf768 wrote:
Notice: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to int in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 56

Warning: Missing argument 2 for ContentHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute(), called in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/templates/bizuniverse/html/com_content/frontpage/default_item.php on line 69 and defined in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 71

Notice: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to int in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 74

Notice: Undefined variable: sectionid in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 76
(bold by me)

+ add
img { border: 0 none; }
in your template.css
so as to take off border around pdf/email/print/edit icons
Thanks, I have added img { border: 0 none; }

And where i can download last build, because I use Joomla! 1.5.0 Production/Stable [ Endeleo ] 1-September-2007 and no Warning/Notice. :(

User avatar
MuffinDCC
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:07 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by MuffinDCC » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:05 pm

It was on a useless 800px screen  :) - looks fine now at home :)

Try http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/17/60/#nightly

User avatar
newart
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 3177
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:06 am
Location: Solar system - Earth - European Union

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by newart » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:24 am

The template in IE6 seems ok to me, I don't see any problem about PNG, ok!
former Q&T WorkGroup Joomla member - Italian Translation Team Member

raduga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by raduga » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:15 am

MuffinDCC wrote: It was on a useless 800px screen  :) - looks fine now at home :)

Try http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/17/60/#nightly
Thanks for link  :)


Jean-Marie, could you check it once again?
http://joomlafabric.com/file/bizuniverse_nb.zip (Tested with Joomla! nightly build 19.09.07)

User avatar
infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 18667
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:47 pm
Location: **Translation Matters**

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by infograf768 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:34 pm

No more Notices.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf · http://www.info-graf.fr
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

User avatar
newart
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 3177
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:06 am
Location: Solar system - Earth - European Union

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by newart » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:24 pm

it looks better in IE7 but maybe that template need a wide screen, as I can see all the fantastic background only in my notebook with 15.4 display...
former Q&T WorkGroup Joomla member - Italian Translation Team Member

raduga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by raduga » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:34 pm

newart wrote: maybe that template need a wide screen, as I can see all the fantastic background only in my notebook with 15.4 display...
update:
-Add one more width: 900px
http://joomlafabric.com/file/nb/bizuniverse.zip  (version r1.02-nb)

Image

User avatar
newart
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 3177
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:06 am
Location: Solar system - Earth - European Union

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by newart » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:01 am

ok  :)
former Q&T WorkGroup Joomla member - Italian Translation Team Member

User avatar
tourisme.solidaire
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:25 pm
Location: BEAUVAIS ( FRANCE )
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by tourisme.solidaire » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:17 pm

I like very much your template because it's clear.Good job  :)
Have you some documentation on your site ?
Thanks,vincent
http://www.latitude-21.fr
Web Master of an interdependent association tourism

User avatar
rasterblaster
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:17 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by rasterblaster » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:39 am

this one is my favorite so far..  Love the way you did the background too!


Something I love in templates is the buttons at the top of the screen for people to be able to choose font size and also screen size (narrow, normal, fluid)   
is that hard to add?

I also notice that your "fluid" one goes right to the edge of the screen, it would look good with a little border - perhapes make it take 95% of the screen, so you allways get a bit of a border?    without one it takes away the impact of the template if you are on a long page and cant see the top or bottom

However, I must say   Well done mate!
Marty
Last edited by rasterblaster on Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look at some cool Sci-fi art and Science Fiction Sculpture by Martin Dolan here...
http://www.marty.com.au Made from scrap metal, chrome and other found objects!

raduga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by raduga » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:03 pm

rasterblaster wrote: I also notice that your "fluid" one goes right to the edge of the screen, it would look good with a little border - perhapes make it take 95% of the screen, so you allways get a bit of a border?    without one it takes away the impact of the template if you are on a long page and cant see the top or bottom
Ok, now the basic width 96 %
Image

User avatar
rasterblaster
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:17 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by rasterblaster » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:39 pm

raduga wrote: Ok, now the basic width 96 %
Image
thats great...  the other advice for people with fluid templates, is to give them a minimum width - ie 800 px wide sothey dont break if someone has a small screen from the dark ages!....  (yours works good at 800px)

there is a little program called "sizer" that you can install - its free - and it gives you a button to make your window a curtain pre set size... great for testing (if you have running windows)

love your work!
Have a look at some cool Sci-fi art and Science Fiction Sculpture by Martin Dolan here...
http://www.marty.com.au Made from scrap metal, chrome and other found objects!

Woodhead
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by Woodhead » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:01 pm

Just upgraded to RC3 and with this (my favorite) template suddently all my "Read more" becomes "Register to read more"???
Only happens with this template.

raduga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by raduga » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:57 pm

Woodhead wrote: Just upgraded to RC3 and with this (my favorite) template suddently all my "Read more" becomes "Register to read more"???
Only happens with this template.
Тemplate has been updated. Сurrent version r1.03 for Joomla 1.5rc3. "Read more" now shows "Read more" Image

Download it here

Image

Bartlebee
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:55 am

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by Bartlebee » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:05 am

First: I like this Template very much, and as I design a Site for a Eve-Online-Corp it fits nearly perfect. Great Work!

But I have one Problem:
If I view Components (Feeds, Links)  in the middle Column, the TOP ist not viewed (where my newsflash resides).
Any Ideas how to solve this? If I use the Templates wich come with joomla it works just fine.

You can see it here:
http://www.i-corp.info/index.php
(index.php must written in the url because if not the "under construction" screen will be viewed)

The site is german, so a short explanation:
To see the effect just use the lowest 3 Menu Items

Nachrichtenzentrum will show Feeds
Neuigkeiten will show news
Links will show links :)

by viewing links and feeds the top will disappear and it will be displayed while viewing news (wich are "normal" articles, content)

raduga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by raduga » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:26 am

Bartlebee wrote: But I have one Problem:
If I view Components (Feeds, Links)  in the middle Column, the TOP ist not viewed (where my newsflash resides).
Any Ideas how to solve this? If I use the Templates wich come with joomla it works just fine.
...
by viewing links and feeds the top will disappear and it will be displayed while viewing news (wich are "normal" articles, content)
...
Simply look parameters of the template for Show/Hide TopBlock with various pages:

Image

Image

Bartlebee
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:55 am

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by Bartlebee » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:48 am

ooookay, that was way to easy  ;)

thanks a lot

ExnuX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:00 am

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by ExnuX » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:08 am

First thank you for this great template!  :D
But I've a small problem with hiding the "topblock" on the "your details" page.
I think i managed to hide it on all other pages by selecting the parameters in the template section but i can't find a way to hide this one.

Maybe you can make a option that makes it possible to display/hide the "topblock" on all pages that overides any other options, but this isn't really necessary.

Keep up the good work!  8)

raduga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by raduga » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:52 am

ExnuX wrote: But I've a small problem with hiding the "topblock" on the "your details" page.
I think i managed to hide it on all other pages by selecting the parameters in the template section but i can't find a way to hide this one.
It's not a problem, download new version and choose TopBlockCom_User No

Image

newseed
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by newseed » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:19 pm

I still continue to get this error for just your template out of all the templates listed on this particular forum:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in F:\z-wamp\www\joomla-15-stable\templates\bizuniverse\index.php on line 163
Again, this only occurs using this template. No other plug-in or add-ons are being used other than Joomla's defaults.

raduga
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by raduga » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:38 pm

newseed wrote:I still continue to get this error for just your template out of all the templates listed on this particular forum:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in F:\z-wamp\www\joomla-15-stable\templates\bizuniverse\index.php on line 163
Again, this only occurs using this template. No other plug-in or add-ons are being used other than Joomla's defaults.
I don't see any errors with Joomla 1.5.1 Stable.
See demo: http://joomlafabric.com/
Last version of the template: http://joomlafabric.com/download-free-t ... -joomla-15

newseed
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by newseed » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:03 pm

raduga wrote:
newseed wrote:I still continue to get this error for just your template out of all the templates listed on this particular forum:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in F:\z-wamp\www\joomla-15-stable\templates\bizuniverse\index.php on line 163
Again, this only occurs using this template. No other plug-in or add-ons are being used other than Joomla's defaults.
I don't see any errors with Joomla 1.5.1 Stable.
See demo: http://joomlafabric.com/
Last version of the template: http://joomlafabric.com/download-free-t ... -joomla-15
Still same problem. This occurred in both 1.5 and 1.5.1

I am using a local server:

PHP Built on: Windows NT WIN-XP 5.1 build 2600
Database Version: 5.0.37-community-nt
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.2
Web Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP/5.2.2
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.1 Production/Stable [ Seenu ] 8-February-2008 22:00 GMT

Duckman
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:20 pm

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by Duckman » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:27 pm

newseed wrote:
raduga wrote:
newseed wrote:I still continue to get this error for just your template out of all the templates listed on this particular forum:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in F:\z-wamp\www\joomla-15-stable\templates\bizuniverse\index.php on line 163
Again, this only occurs using this template. No other plug-in or add-ons are being used other than Joomla's defaults.
I don't see any errors with Joomla 1.5.1 Stable.
See demo: http://joomlafabric.com/
Last version of the template: http://joomlafabric.com/download-free-t ... -joomla-15
Still same problem. This occurred in both 1.5 and 1.5.1

I am using a local server:

PHP Built on: Windows NT WIN-XP 5.1 build 2600
Database Version: 5.0.37-community-nt
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.2
Web Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP/5.2.2
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.1 Production/Stable [ Seenu ] 8-February-2008 22:00 GMT

Did you find any fix for this?
I'm getting a similar error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/*******/www/components/com_content/views/article/tmpl/default.php on line 62

This occurs in the Bizportal II - template from the same author.
It's the only template with thois error, and it occurs when I try to link to a article from the menu.
I've tried both with the internal link option and the external link.

Using Joomla 1.5.2, and it's a fresh install with no components installed.

newseed
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Re: Template Contest Entry - [BizUniverse]

Post by newseed » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:13 pm

Duckman wrote:Did you find any fix for this?
I'm getting a similar error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/*******/www/components/com_content/views/article/tmpl/default.php on line 62

This occurs in the Bizportal II - template from the same author.
It's the only template with thois error, and it occurs when I try to link to a article from the menu.
I've tried both with the internal link option and the external link.

Using Joomla 1.5.2, and it's a fresh install with no components installed.
No and I still don't know why it occurs only on the templates by this author.


Locked

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”