Template Contest Entry - [fivepoint/unity]

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
RichardPostma
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Template Contest Entry - [fivepoint/unity]

Post by RichardPostma » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:19 pm

can someone delte this posting?
Last edited by RichardPostma on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derred
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

How to change from favicon to animated gif?

Post by derred » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:12 am

Hi all,

I am using this great template and struggling on changing my own static favicon to animated gif. I checked and inserted some link into "index.php" on this template but it displays nothing.

Can anyone help me with this? What files should I edit to be able to display animated gif for my website. Thank you in advance for whom might answer this.

BritishAgent
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by BritishAgent » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:13 am

That template is righteous. I particularly like the ability to change colors. Settles some arguments for me among my users.

isaacshaven
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by isaacshaven » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:43 am

RichardPostma wrote:Hello To you All,

I have a bit of the same problem. I use the tbc_fivepoint_unity template which is fabulas BUT the main contact area is to narrow. I want to install a forum and i need this piece wider.

You said that we could change the collapse on. Well this works because the left column collapse when it's empty BUT the main content area still stays de same.

You also said that we could edit the CSS file BUT what do i have to edit???

Any help would be GREAT!!

This is the room that i need. (Component area need to be wider)

BUT THIS IS WHAT I HAVE (TO SMALL).

Best regards and thanks in advance.
Richard
I have this template added to my aunt site since she wanted girly color in pink with black for photos.

Well we got this gallery integrated to the joomla. One problem. Your middle component needs to be wider.

Is there away I could make this wider?

nielo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

PNG (psd) Source file fivepoint/unity been released

Post by nielo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:57 pm

Has a PNG or PSD Source file for fivepoint/unity been released yet?

Very keen to theme my background images in the joomla fivepoint/unity 1.5 template ...

Thanks for the great work Dan!

ladymk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ladymk » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:47 am

First off - absolutely wonderful work on this template!!!! I tried 6 other templates this week and yours just does the job - looks great, integrates well, nice options right in the admin panel!!

??? Now to my question - when articles are listed in a specific category, the table displays alternating background colors for each row. The dark color displayed makes the link/title difficult to read -does anyone know where & how in the css I change this?? :-[

I am using the light primary style scheme if that matters.

thanks in advance
http://www.Rak-Wholesale.com - Start & grow your online business - regularly updated articles & resources

tommyf
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tommyf » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:50 pm

Has anyone been able to edit this template to provide for a larger center component? By either making menu column smaller or redesigning something else? I really like the template but keep running into the problem with serveral pages just not fitting correctly due to center component and Im not capable or edits that it seems to require via css or image editing...

Thanks

ladymk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ladymk » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:06 pm

Since I'm no wiz (you could see me previous post in this topic - no solution as of yet) When I needed to fit more in the content width wise, the only way I was able to do this was by eliminating all module positions in the right column on some of my sections.

The other way you could get a couple extra pixels is by making your right column 150 pixels (in the template manager through joomla admin)

hope this helps.

cheers
http://www.Rak-Wholesale.com - Start & grow your online business - regularly updated articles & resources

tommyf
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tommyf » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:36 pm

Was a PNG source released for this ? I saw mention of it a couple of times but cant seem to find?
Also How can i get boxes like the help and support and download that are in demo?

ladymk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ladymk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:54 am

tommyf wrote:Was a PNG source released for this ? I saw mention of it a couple of times but cant seem to find?
Also How can i get boxes like the help and support and download that are in demo?
;

Hi,

Not sure about the png file, but if you're looking to add the boxes you can find the instructions here:

http://demo.toolboxcreations.com/fivepo ... &Itemid=56

StrangeWill
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by StrangeWill » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:30 pm

An excellent template, I like it very much however....

In IE 6, the content gets put at the bottom of the page.
(http://jpy.wolframstudios.com/)
It seems like maybe the IE6 css file isn't being processed correctly?

All content is text-only, no images to create unexpected issues. I've seen other sites with the same template have the same issue. I may look into fixing it myself.

I also think that content can be a little squished, but you can tweak things to make that better.

Overall one of my favorite templates, excellent job!

StrangeWill
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by StrangeWill » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:07 pm

I have currently tweaked your template with two versions, the default one, and a "wide" one without the right bar, it looks great for larger content like the forums. (See: http://jpy.wolframstudios.com/index.php ... &Itemid=14 )

Anyway just thought that if you ever were interested in coming back to the skin to add some features, the feature to auto-switch between wide content and default content width dependent on the existence of a right bar would be awesome. So far I'm liking the rigged job I have myself.

Spudicus
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Spudicus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:38 am

The template is awesome good work.

I'm having a little problem, but I don't think it is caused by the template. But maybe someone here can help me figure out what the issue is. I'm running Ubuntu (Gutsy), with the latest Firefox, and Flash 9 installed. For some reason the background on the sIFR is not transparent, it is solid white.
Screenshot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

slashcz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by slashcz » Tue May 06, 2008 10:16 am

Hi Dan,
Your template is realy lovely. I used it for one webpage but i have problem. If you look at http://www.omegaholding.cz, there is six modifications of your template (cloned in Joomla 1.5) all the pages have the same css files, but usig IE, some of them are colepsed:
and i cannot find reason why. Can You help me to fix it please?

slashcz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by slashcz » Wed May 14, 2008 7:11 am

so it looks Dan is not interested in this topic any more. I sent him personal mail also and no answer. :-\

I found in my problem, that the colapse of template in IE is associated to the content on the page, but i cannot found the basic princip which is in charge of the colapse of template. Can you help me anybody please?

MadsN
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MadsN » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:31 am

Same question as RichardPostma - how can the main body become wider - Fireboard doesn't look very well in that small area ;)

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”