Template Contest Entry - [RedEvo_Aphelion] v1.1.0.7!!

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Template Contest Entry - [RedEvo_Aphelion] v1.1.0.7!!

Post by Quads » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Jsut a hunch but it may be because you have your "footer" in the menu selection area.

Copyright © 2008 KillerRaccoonFish 1.5 Joomla KrF. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.

Try moving that elsewhere and see if that effects it.

itgl72
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by itgl72 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:44 pm

LOL - I didnt do that, its part of the issue. Its there because of whatever is making the menu drop down too :-)

Hils
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Hils » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:00 pm

itgl72 wrote:When using this template, and using Azrul's MYBLOG/JOMCOMMENT I have an issue with the left menu. If I CENTER an image in the blog the menu gets pushed to down.
Suggest you put your page through the W3C HTML Validator or install the Firefox extension 'HTML Tidy' - it looks like you have a missing </div> for the div beginning on line 60.
Founder Member of OpenTranslators & Joomla Community Member
https://twitter.com/HilsCheyne

viper3two
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by viper3two » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:07 am

Hello
I really enjoy this template, it is the best.
I have one question, this may be a Joomla edit, I am not sure since I am still learning Joomla.
In the center of the template, the news articles are in a 2 column mode. I would like to make this one column instead of 2. Is that possible, and how do I do it?
You can look at my site http://www.tonylsharp.com and the news articles are in 2 columns, the top one is always one column wide. I would like to make them all one column wide.
Thank you
Tony Sharp

itgl72
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by itgl72 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:24 am

In the admin section go to MENU > MAIN MENU > NEWS (The news module) then go to Parameters - Basic on the right, under columns choose 1.

viper3two
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by viper3two » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:56 am

THANKS!!! :)

viper3two
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by viper3two » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:35 am

One other silly question, as I am learning Joomla, this may be a Joomla thing, but I think it is in the RedEvo template somewhere. I have the blue color theme selected on my site. I would like to change the links and titles to articles ect from the green to a blue color. I imaginge this is in the template.css somewhere? Or am I looking in the wrong place. Could be the blue.css as well, but I don't know where to look. Any ideas?
If you wish to look at my site, it is at http://www.tonylsharp.com
Thanks again for the help
I love this template and working with it.....!
Tony

itgl72
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by itgl72 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:51 pm

Best tool I have found to help with CSS and what does where, etc is the FIREBUG extension for FIREFOX browser. Its an absolute MUST. I'm mainly use IE, but use FireFox alot, and these tools like FIREBUG make firefox a must have on your PC too. Google firebug for firefox and enjoy.

viper3two
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by viper3two » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:03 am

Hey thanks for the reply, I got firebug and figuring it out now. I think I spotted it in the blue.css sheet, not sure yet.

derEde
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by derEde » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:18 pm

Hello, i dont see a fix for this problem: (no messages at the registration when it is emty)

Can you help?

Thank you very much an best wishes from germany ;)

MfG

xavius000
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by xavius000 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:42 pm

I was reading about the parameters for setting the template to be fixed or sliding and I seem to be having a problem on my red evo website with the frontpage being overlapped by the left side menu bar. Does anyone know how to fix this? I dont know how to change the parameters to fixed, or if this is the problem. Heres my site, in case anyone would like to help. ;D

http://www.mysapro.com

Thank you!

Scott

the_real_svempa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by the_real_svempa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:54 pm

Scott,

In the back end, choose "templates" from the menu, then click on the template name. You will find two radio buttons with a choice of fluid or fixed. Choose fixed and save, and there you go.

By the way, I can see no bad behaviour by the template when looking at your site, even when narrowing the window a great deal.

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:10 pm

Love this template. I'm hoping someone can share with me a couple of items:

1. The black 'wavy' like image that is used for the "top" module location background:
How can I get rid of that all together, or shorten the height of it down to about 50 pixels? Preferably, Id like to eliminate or hide it if possible.

2. The font color that is used for each article, (light green). Where do I change that to a different color?

My guess is both of these are in the css files, however I have no idea where to start looking.

Much thanks!
~Q

the_real_svempa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by the_real_svempa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:57 pm

Quads,

The colour change is very easy, just change the colour.css (you seem to use the blue template, so in your case blue.css) a little. First make it writeable so you can change it, then in the backend click on the template name, then on 'change css', mark the correct colour.css and click on 'change' and you are in the editor. Find the row with the 'h2 contentheading' colour and change it to what you like. The blue.css has it set to #62b625, the green.css to #0b7db6, if you want blue headings with the blue template you could use the setting of the green template which has blue headings.

To remove the 'black wavy' image is a bit more tricky. Do I understand you correctly, do you want to entirely remove the 'top' module or just remove the image and use a solid black background?

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:26 pm

the_real_svempa wrote:Quads,

The colour change is very easy, just change the colour.css (you seem to use the blue template, so in your case blue.css) a little. First make it writeable so you can change it, then in the backend click on the template name, then on 'change css', mark the correct colour.css and click on 'change' and you are in the editor. Find the row with the 'h2 contentheading' colour and change it to what you like. The blue.css has it set to #62b625, the green.css to #0b7db6, if you want blue headings with the blue template you could use the setting of the green template which has blue headings.
Awesome.
I'll give this a go and test with it.
To remove the 'black wavy' image is a bit more tricky. Do I understand you correctly, do you want to entirely remove the 'top' module or just remove the image and use a solid black background?
I'd (ideally) like to remove it all together, or as a second effort to at least reduce its height to (for the lack of a better term) use less 'real estate' up at the top of the screen. I don't anticipate using the 'top' module area, so doing away with it or reducing it as much as possible works for me either way.

(*edit*)
I was in the template.css file and I think I found a way to reduce it, but I'm not sure that it's the correct way. I'd like to get rid of it all together if possible. See it in action here on my test server: http://quads.dyndns.org/DC/

Much thanks for the input!
Last edited by Quads on Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_real_svempa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by the_real_svempa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:29 pm

Quads,

OK, I have a solution - or perhaps a suggestion - for you regarding the 'top' module position. You can change the template.css the following way, find this code:

Code: Select all

#header .bgbl{
background:url(../images/headerbg_bl.jpg) no-repeat;
background-position:15px 100%;
height:auto!important;
height:100px;
min-height:100px;
padding:0px 24px 26px 24px;
position:relative;
}
Remove it entirely. If you do not want any black top at all, then unpublish the top menu. If you want a narrow black top, keep the top menu. Of course you also need to unpublish anything you have in the 'top' position since it does not exist any more. Finally, unpublish the search module, or move it to another position.

Please make a backup copy of everything before making any changes so you can undo them easily. If you want to see the result go to http://www.bankel.se and take a look, you will need to change templates using the Template Chooser since I use another template as default.

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:34 pm

OK, I have a solution - or perhaps a suggestion - for you regarding the 'top' module position. You can change the template.css the following way, find this code:

Code: Select all

#header .bgbl{
background:url(../images/headerbg_bl.jpg) no-repeat;
background-position:15px 100%;
height:auto!important;
height:100px;
min-height:100px;
padding:0px 24px 26px 24px;
position:relative;
}
Remove it entirely. If you do not want any black top at all, then unpublish the top menu. If you want a narrow black top, keep the top menu. Of course you also need to unpublish anything you have in the 'top' position since it does not exist any more. Finally, unpublish the search module, or move it to another position.

Please make a backup copy of everything before making any changes so you can undo them easily. If you want to see the result go to http://www.bankel.se and take a look, you will need to change templates using the Template Chooser since I use another template as default.
See my above post. This is what I ended up changing.
I've unpublished (no modules using / assigned to the 'top' section), and I still have the black area there, which I'd like to be rid of if possible.

I have them set to 0 and that area / black bar is still there as seen here:
http://quads.dyndns.org/DC/
Last edited by Quads on Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_real_svempa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by the_real_svempa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Quads,

Just unpublish the search module, or move it to another position. See my previous post. That should do it, I think.

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:42 pm

Just unpublish the search module, or move it to another position. See my previous post. That should do it, I think.
Nothing in 'top'
Search in user 3 or 4, still has that bar.
Search us currently turned off / unpublished.
Last edited by Quads on Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_real_svempa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by the_real_svempa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:58 pm

Did you look at my site? No black bar there. Can there be any difference between our templates?

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:01 pm

the_real_svempa wrote:Did you look at my site? No black bar there. Can there be any difference between our templates?
I see yours, and can't figure it out.
Would you be willing to email or post your template.css file so I can compare the two?
email quads /at / pcpotato dot com

the_real_svempa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by the_real_svempa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:06 pm

You are quite certain nothing is published in, or otherwise affects, the user3 and user4 positions? Nothing can be there or something of the black top will remain.

Yes, I'll mail you my template.css as it is now, after the change.

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:22 pm

the_real_svempa wrote:You are quite certain nothing is published in, or otherwise affects, the user3 and user4 positions? Nothing can be there or something of the black top will remain.

Unless I"m not looking in all of the locations.
Here is a look at the back end:
http://www.pcpotato.com/uploader/files/ ... xample.JPG

the_real_svempa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by the_real_svempa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:31 pm

Hmm, looks good to me. Did you get my mail?

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:39 pm

the_real_svempa wrote:You are quite certain nothing is published in, or otherwise affects, the user3 and user4 positions? Nothing can be there or something of the black top will remain.

I see the difference now between ours.
You removed line 98 through 106 which entirely removes that header / black area for the 'top' section.
There are a couple of other minor tweaks in yours (line 302 for the bottom bkg image)

I have it running now with yours in place which gets rid of the black area there.
Need to make a minor tweak for the logo height and I should be in business.
(link above)

Thank you very, very much! You have been a great help!

the_real_svempa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by the_real_svempa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:39 pm

Hey, you did it! But your logo got smashed in the process. What did you do?

edit: OK, I saw your last post. Good work, way to go!

viper3two
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by viper3two » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:13 pm

The Real Svempa:
I think that post you replied was to my question regarding the header question in the blue template being a green, wanting to change it to a blue...but somebody quoted it and tried something with it LOL, but anyways, just wanted to say thank you for the reply....and YES....that did the trick, I was able to change the heading color from green to blue, now thanks to you I know where to look.....
appreciate the help!
Tony Sharp

Hepperz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Hepperz » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:23 pm

Hi

Really loving this template, except for one problem I'm having with the top menu. I'm getting a 1 pixel white line underneath each item?

You can see it at http://toa.hepperz.co.uk

Cheers!

viper3two
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by viper3two » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:03 pm

hmmmm....looks ok over here, don't see the white lines. I am running IE7...what are you running? It may be a browser issue, not sure?

Hepperz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Hepperz » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:32 pm

Interesting... I've tried IE7, Firefox 3 Beta 5, and Firefox 2.0.0.13.. all the same. Here's a screenshot...
Lines.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”