Template Contest Entry - [RedEvo_Aphelion] v1.1.0.7!!

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
ewel
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Template Contest Entry - [RedEvo_Aphelion] v1.1.0.7!!

Post by ewel » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:04 am

Don't forget that a menu is presented by a module so check in your module manager. See http://help.joomla.org/content/view/64/280/ and http://help.joomla.org/content/view/90/280/.

I think you should look for some tutorials and manuals. See this post: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,47524.0.html. Also see http://www.netshinesoftware.com/joomla/ ... orial.html. After you've done so you will agree that this thread is about a particular template and your question is not.  :o :)

Black Dragon
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Black Dragon » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:37 pm

Hi!

This is my first post here and I hope I will receive a warm welcome.  :-*

I have just right now started to play around with Joomla and my first impression of it is very good. This seems to be a good piece of quality work from some really dedicated people! So let me first and foremost say "Thank you!" to all the devs, template writers, translators and all the other people who have contributed to make Joomla possible.  8)

Since Joomla doesn't come with a lot of templates by default I was looking around for templates I might like and found this one. Installation went fine but I do have some questions left. Before asking I'd like to add that I'm no noob, I know HTML, CSS and PHP quite well and have also used other CMS systems before. So don't be afraid to get technical with me if my questions require that.  ;D

First question: What does the following mean?
libaizhuo wrote:
Template overrides:
  • Use template overriding to convert the tables in "Newsflash" module to be divs
  • Use template overriding to change the class of the Author span from 'small' to 'articleauthor', so that I'm able to style it with a small icon
Any other questions please let me know  :)
I haven't found anything about template overrides in the admin menu. Do I have to change some PHP code? If so, what and where? Searching in the forum and with Google about template overriding in Joomla didn't produce any answer to that question that made sense.

Second question: How do I switch templates anyway? Ok, defining a new default template is easy, but usually (I have seen that in all the other CMS I have previously used.) users can switch between installed templates themselves to view the site the way they want. Can Joomla do that at all? I haven't found any setting for that.

I hope these questions aren't considered offtopic in this thread.  ;)  Please bear with me if they do sound a bit noobish, after all this is the first time I am using Joomla.

Thanks in advance to anyone answering them.

Syke
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Syke » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:46 pm

Is it possible to set it fluid for one page and fixed for all the others????

seattleslew
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by seattleslew » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:19 pm

Gradishar wrote: Ok...I'm a complete noobie...but I got a host, I got 1.5 installed (actually I got siteground's techs to install 1.5 for me) and I've got this beautiful template installed. I was able to change the logo on the top...but for some reason I can't seem to edit the titles of the Menus (Main Menu, Key Resources, etc.). The Menu Manger says its changed...but when I refresh it still says Main Menu, Key Resources, etc.)

Any suggestions?
I know this is unintuitive, but go into Extensions > Module Manager and click on the Main Menu link in the list. Change the name on the resulting Edit page.

Gary
Gary

ger_eire
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ger_eire » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:02 am

Great template but I have one problem.

I have a whitebox which shows up displaying a map when the user clicks an image. It all works fine except the searchbox is overlapping it.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

plumlis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by plumlis » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:58 pm

Hey there!
Sorry for my bad English,But I have a problem with this Template on my Joomla 1.5 stable

I added some links on user3,But I found that each links has a white underline....

I check the default Template,It doesn't have this problem

maybe I can solve this problem by CSS file,But I don't know how to solve it.

Could anyone tell me about this? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

seattleslew
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by seattleslew » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:54 pm

Plumlis:

Your problem should be easily solved by editing the template.css file. At around line 498 look for an entry like this:

Code: Select all

#user3 ul li a{
color:#d0d0d0; 
text-transform:uppercase;
padding:10px;
float:right;
background:url(../images/topmenu-vline.jpg) no-repeat;
background-position:0px 2px;
}
Add to it text-decoration:none;, this should remove the line (unless it is part of an image peaking thru)

I like to use a Firefox Add-on called Firebug to analyze a web page - you can disable, alter, or add css and see the changes live on any web page. And it's free!

If you still have trouble it would be easier for us to help if you post a link to your site.

Gary
Gary

plumlis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by plumlis » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:59 pm

seattleslew wrote: Plumlis:

Your problem should be easily solved by editing the template.css file. At around line 498 look for an entry like this:

#user3 ul li a{
}
Add to it text-decoration:none;, this should remove the line (unless it is part of an image peaking thru)

I like to use a Firefox Add-on called Firebug to analyze a web page - you can disable, alter, or add css and see the changes live on any web page. And it's free!

If you still have trouble it would be easier for us to help if you post a link to your site.

Gary
Thank you for your help ,I'ill try it

seattleslew
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by seattleslew » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:10 pm

ger_eire wrote: Great template but I have one problem.

I have a whitebox which shows up displaying a map when the user clicks an image. It all works fine except the searchbox is overlapping it.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
In the file template.css #user4 has a z-index of 1000. If you are familiar with z-index you know it is used to layer one element over another element. In the redevo template it appears to be used to display the searchbox image over the background image. Try adding a z-index with a larger number to your whitebox id or class and see if that fixes the problem.
Gary

ewel
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ewel » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:15 pm

ewel wrote: Has anyone figured out how to put a banner in this template between the logo and the font size butons without destroying the rest of the layout?
I'm still hoping! :)

aprox_f
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by aprox_f » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:06 pm

Hey all :-)

First off, a great template... didn't take me long to choose this template as a starting point for a new version of a website I run for an amateur footbal club. Anyway, I have found a few bugs that I thought I'd add. I have read through and realize that some o them ahve been reported before, but I list them together for convinience anyway.

Note, this is in reference to the Joomla 1.5  template version.

1) Modules as e.g. latest content, most popular content in positions User 3 and user 4 shows underlines, similar to if you list them in position right or left. However, as the background is different, these lines do not look as good here. Rather simple to change in the template.css file, but still worth mentioning.

PS: It might also be worth including that too use the "top menu" feature of the template you will need to use the -nav suffix on the menu module. Not always intuitive for newcommers. This solution, however, does not work for the module issues described for location user 3 and user 4 :-)

2) Tooltip or "popup" dialogue boxes seems to have a transparent background, this is especially visible when hovering ov er the "edit" button for any front end content (reported earlier). This is kind of annoying :-)

3) I have chosen to use DOCman for downloads, which is probably the most used solution for this purpose. DOCman has some significant offsets and problems when lsiting content of more than 1 element in a category. Among other things I believe the icon "bullet" is partly to blame for this. I ams still struggling to figure out exactly what is causing the full problem, or rather, what solves the problem :-)

4) DOCman also have the same tooltip problem as listed earlier, but for some reason it also has a rather large offset of the tooltip locationwise too. Using other templates I don't have any problems, so that is why I list it here as an issue.

I will try too look into some of the issue myself when I have time for it, but otherwise you can see the issues yourself on
http://www.pgs-international.nl

Suggestions for future improvement if development is continued:

A) Extend to add a single or possible double user field above body or main content, but underneath the newsflash. This to allow to post elements also above the content as well as below with suer 3 and user 4. I'd recommend only a single one though, in between the sidebars. Would be nice for posting e.g. banners or similar over the content.

B) Add feature for expandable menues.

Ok, probably enough from me at this time :-)
Again, great template!! Keep up the great work :-)

Aprox

Thanks for otherwise excellent works so far :-)

eugenia_arg
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by eugenia_arg » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:43 pm

Nice template. I did some testing to help you improve it a little and I found a few problems, all when using sub-menus.

When you make a submenu, for example:

Menu link:
-- Sub menu link
-- Sub menu link
-- Sub menu link

Then when you click on one of the menu links wich has a sub menu underneath,  your 'head menu' moves a little. So it isn't in line with the rest anymore. You can see an example at: http://www.llrgb.nl ('Informatie' and 'Nieuws' have sub menus).

Another problem using sub menus is that when you click one of the sub menu links, the other sub menu links aren't displayed as sub menu links anymore, the >> indicating that it's a submenu changes back into the normal > (I hope you can still understand what I mean  Wink). You can also see this problem at http://www.llrgb.nl (at the same menu items as mentioned before).

When you take a look at this problems I think your template is perfect! I like it a lot! Good work an thanks for contributing this to the community!

Regards,
Maarten
I have the same problem :S i need a solution as soon as posible please!!!  :-[  I can´t do a submenu because when I click on it, it turns a main menu´s item  :o  help pleassssseeeeee

seattleslew
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by seattleslew » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:59 am

ewel wrote:
ewel wrote: Has anyone figured out how to put a banner in this template between the logo and the font size butons without destroying the rest of the layout?
I'm still hoping! :)
You will need to fiddle with the template.css file and index.php. Make backups of both of these first in case of an error. Here we go:

In template.css look for the following entry at around line #33:

#heading{
width:100%;
position:relative;
padding:16px 0px 0px 0px;
}
Add the following style: height:50px; This can be as much as 68px without exposing the background image bottom edge.

Next up is the entry that affects the existing Joomla logo, which sits inside an tag:

#heading h1{
font-size:36px;
font-family:"Myriad pro", "Myriad Web", Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color:#fff;
margin:0 0 0 27px!important;
padding:0 !important;
}
is a block level element, meaning it creates a line break unless you tell it not to. Let's do that so we can keep the new image on the same horizontal plane: Add the style float:left; to the entry.

Now let's make a class to style the new image. Put it right below the style you just modified in template.css and give it a name that is meaningful, like .centerlogo. The styles you give it depend on the size of the image you want to install:

.centerlogo {
float:left;
padding: 10px 25px; /* adjust these as needed*/
background: url(../images/my_new_logo.png);
height:??px; /* same as your image*/
width:???px; /* ditto*/
}
Now here is where you have to be careful, you will need to modify the index.php file in the redevo directory. If you forget a closing tag or accidentally delete some code you will need to revert to your backup. Find this entry just below the opening tag:

<div id="heading">
	   <h1><a href="index.php" title="<?php echo JText::_( "homepage" ); ?>" id="sitename<?php echo $this->params->get("logoStyle","1"); ?>"><?php echo $mainframe->getCfg('sitename');?></a></h1>
	<?php if($this->params->get("showSwitcher","1")) : ?>   
	   <div id="buttons"><a href="#" id="alarge" class="btnicon" title="<?php echo JText::_( "TO_XLARGE" ); ?> " onclick="setActiveStyleSheet('alarge'); return false;"><?php echo JText::_( "XLarge" ); ?> </a><a href="#" id="amedium" class="btnicon" title="<?php echo JText::_( "TO_LARGE" ); ?> " onclick="setActiveStyleSheet('amedium'); return false;"><?php echo JText::_( "Large" ); ?> </a><a href="#" id="asmall" class="btnicon" title="<?php echo JText::_( "TO_NORMAL" ); ?> " onclick="setActiveStyleSheet('asmall'); return false;"><?php echo JText::_( "Normal" ); ?> </a></div>
	<?php endif; ?>
	</div>
Insert this code just after the closing tag:

<div class="centerlogo"></div>
The code block should now look like this:

<div id="heading">
	   <h1><a href="index.php" title="<?php echo JText::_( "homepage" ); ?>" id="sitename<?php echo $this->params->get("logoStyle","1"); ?>"><?php echo $mainframe->getCfg('sitename');?></a></h1><div class="centerlogo"></div>
	<?php if($this->params->get("showSwitcher","1")) : ?>   
	   <div id="buttons"><a href="#" id="alarge" class="btnicon" title="<?php echo JText::_( "TO_XLARGE" ); ?> " onclick="setActiveStyleSheet('alarge'); return false;"><?php echo JText::_( "XLarge" ); ?> </a><a href="#" id="amedium" class="btnicon" title="<?php echo JText::_( "TO_LARGE" ); ?> " onclick="setActiveStyleSheet('amedium'); return false;"><?php echo JText::_( "Large" ); ?> </a><a href="#" id="asmall" class="btnicon" title="<?php echo JText::_( "TO_NORMAL" ); ?> " onclick="setActiveStyleSheet('asmall'); return false;"><?php echo JText::_( "Normal" ); ?> </a></div>
	<?php endif; ?>
	</div>
Save your work and upload the modified files, along with your new image to the proper directories and admire you handywork! You will likely need to play with the padding and/or margins until you get the image exactly where you want it.

Good luck!
Gary

bordagame
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bordagame » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:55 am

wow wish i could that... ;D :D

eugenia_arg
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by eugenia_arg » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:08 pm

maybe i should choose another template :( this was really pretty, but with that problem with the submenu-s i don´t have another choice :(

prof3ta
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by prof3ta » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:19 pm

Hi, great work.
I love your theme :)
Here's where I used it :p
http://prof3ta.netsons.org
Here's italian (it-IT) translation for your template. Don't know if already available:
YOU ARE HERE=Ti trovi qui
XLARGE=Enorme
LARGE=Grande
NORMAL=Normale
TO_XLARGE=Cambia la dimensione del testo in Enorme
TO_LARGE=Cambia la dimensione del testo in Grande
TO_NORMAL=Cambia la dimensione del testo in Normale
HOMEPAGE=Torna alla homepage

waulok
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by waulok » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:07 am

Hi!
I'm having an issue with this template.
When I post Java Code, the template truncates the text entered. It looks like it won't post the full text I put into the Message box.
I tried another Template and it worked fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

eslamspot
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by eslamspot » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:15 pm

gooooooooooood work

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:48 am

Really dig this template.

Kudos.

waulok
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by waulok » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:10 am

Updated to latest Joomla and issues went away. Very happy with this template :)

Atreide
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Atreide » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:28 am

Hello,

I'm starting my website with this template, and first of all I want to thank the developer for this great template.
On my download (I cannot remember frm when...) the file iepngfix.htc was missing so the png failed on IE, that's ok now.
Another small problem I see is on IE6, when we reduce the view (window) to a small dimension, the template start to be crazy.., the left column then move to the right. All of the template given as sample on this forum have the same issue.

Here a snapshot of the problem

Irzichek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Irzichek » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:49 am

Hello! In IE 6 Header of template shift to right on 1 px. In other browser (Opera 9, FireFox 2) no problem.

Please help.

dork313
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dork313 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:38 am

plumlis wrote:
seattleslew wrote: Plumlis:

#user3 ul li a{
}

Gary
Thank you for your help ,I'ill try it
I tried this and the lines are still present for me. Any other suggestions?

pasplam
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pasplam » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:56 am

Very good work!!!congratulations to the people that created this tempelate...
Have anyone tried any transparent menu and worked great with this tempelate?

Mat-D-Rat
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Mat-D-Rat » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:39 am

I have a minor problem with this template in IE7 :( Sometimes the "Footer bar" does not go to the bottom of the document, and ends up of the text normally about 1/3 of a page up (over everything). However refreshing the page then puts it in the correct place - Any ideas?

mduchaff
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Template Contest Entry - [RedEvo_Aphelion]

Post by mduchaff » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:59 am

forty two on 11 Oct 2007, 13:45 wrote:I think i found my first Joomla! theme bug. This doesn't happen with milkyway.

Try setting Category Title Linkable to yes and see what happens!
Similar thing also happens to JA_Purity!

Some error code, things under quotes are personal info.

Warning: Missing argument 2 for ContentHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute(), called in 
/hsphere/local/home/"my ftp site"/"my site address"/templates/redevo_aphelion/html/com_content/section/blog_item.php on line 68 and defined in 
/hsphere/local/home/"my ftp site"/"my site address"/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 75 
Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /hsphere/local/home/"my ftp site"/"my site address"/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 83
Regards
You're right 42. I'm using joomla 1.5.1 with JA_Purity and get the same error... on one of my install.
But not on another one :eek: I can't see the fatal difference.
The error I get is :

mercredi, 12 mars 2008 17:04   Administrateur
Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /"my site"/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 63
Marc

chunky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by chunky » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:10 am

Hi,
I am trying to do something simple..I am trying to get rid of the logo_joomla.png from showing up. I don't want to replace it because I don't have a logo at all.

I checked the module location which is top...and disabled newsflash...i also looked at the articles under newflash catagory and unpublished them, but still that joomla logo prevails.

do i need to comment it out in the css.file?

i just figured i could turn off the logo with the admin panel like i can with some other templates. however, this template is so fine, i really want to use it. I have looked at literally hundreds of templates...this is the best looking to me.

thank you for your patience.

Quads
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Quads » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:17 pm

chunky wrote:Hi,
I am trying to do something simple..I am trying to get rid of the logo_joomla.png from showing up. I don't want to replace it because I don't have a logo at all.

I checked the module location which is top...and disabled newsflash...i also looked at the articles under newflash catagory and unpublished them, but still that joomla logo prevails.

do i need to comment it out in the css.file?

i just figured i could turn off the logo with the admin panel like i can with some other templates. however, this template is so fine, i really want to use it. I have looked at literally hundreds of templates...this is the best looking to me.

thank you for your patience.
It may not be the *correct* way to do it but in all such cases, this template or others, I've always just replaced the standard joomla! logo.png with a 1px by 1px (dot of your choice or transparent) in the place of joomla logo.png.

chunky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by chunky » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:56 pm

great idea. i will make it a standard thanks.

itgl72
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by itgl72 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:00 pm

When using this template, and using Azrul's MYBLOG/JOMCOMMENT I have an issue with the left menu. If I CENTER an image in the blog the menu gets pushed to down. Here are some examples with this template and with another template with it not happening:

THIS IS A BAD THING...

THIS IS OPERATING AS IT SHOULD

For the time being I have left the actual front page test page up here if you wish to view source and can offer any assistance?

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”