Template Contest Entry - [siteground]

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
dereque
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Template Contest Entry - [siteground]

Post by dereque » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:38 pm

_simon_ wrote: Can someone confirm that this template works with 1.5RC3? Because all I have is a white page with text.

It worked fine for me under 1.5RC2.
I can confirm that it works with 1.5RC3. Also i can confirm that is working with nightly build version without any problem.
Open Source Really Matters !!!

_simon_
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by _simon_ » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:45 pm

Edit: It was a permission issue.
Last edited by _simon_ on Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrish
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by chrish » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:31 pm

Ummm, just trying to get an answer to my question below. Anybody know why new polls do not work. I can see in the backend that the selection and submit button work but the output doesn't. See below for more details. Thanks.

Chris
chrish wrote: Hi there,

Great looking template. Like the winter. Have a question about the poll. I can't seem to get the flash pie chart to work on a new poll. Keeps saying Invalid Xml Data.

I found curious differences in the code each poll put out on the results pages.

On the original poll that works properly:

" />

" quality="high" width="300" height="300" name="myNext" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

And on the new poll that does not work properly:

" />

" quality="high" width="600" height="300" name="myNext" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I don't understand why it's pushing me to FCF_Column3D.swf  when the setting in the template is the pie chart.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

dallen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dallen » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:32 pm

Just a few things... first I wanted to congratulate you on making such a great template and being so responsive and helpful to everyone here. This template is just amazing! And if you and your team could also do collapsible parts like dereque's suggested I believe that would be a great benefit for a lot of the developers here.

And now the problem: If I turn "Search Engine Friendly URLs" to "Yes" The arrow buttons for the previous and next buttons for the newsflash at the bottom of the page are missing on all the pages but the home page. For example: if I click on poll results, the poll and the results show up perfectly, except I get broken image tags for where the next and previous images are supposed to be for the NewsFlash. I got the same results in both IE and Firefox. Also I am using Joomla 1.5RC3. When checking the locations of where the images should be it shows me: http://www.mysite.com/index.php/compone ... y/next.jpg instead of: http://www.mysite.com/templates/sitegro ... y/next.jpg. I'm not sure if it's something I am doing wrong (I'm new to 1.5RC3), but it is just something I noticed. Otherwise it works perfectly when "Search Engine Friendly URLs" is set to "No" Not too big of a deal to me, just something I noticed.

Hopefully that made sense. Anyways great job on a great template!

dereque
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by dereque » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:06 am

dallen wrote: Just a few things... first I wanted to congratulate you on making such a great template and being so responsive and helpful to everyone here. This template is just amazing! And if you and your team could also do collapsible parts like dereque's suggested I believe that would be a great benefit for a lot of the developers here.

And now the problem: If I turn "Search Engine Friendly URLs" to "Yes" The arrow buttons for the previous and next buttons for the newsflash at the bottom of the page are missing on all the pages but the home page. For example: if I click on poll results, the poll and the results show up perfectly, except I get broken image tags for where the next and previous images are supposed to be for the NewsFlash. I got the same results in both IE and Firefox. Also I am using Joomla 1.5RC3. When checking the locations of where the images should be it shows me: http://www.mysite.com/index.php/compone ... y/next.jpg instead of: http://www.mysite.com/templates/sitegro ... y/next.jpg. I'm not sure if it's something I am doing wrong (I'm new to 1.5RC3), but it is just something I noticed. Otherwise it works perfectly when "Search Engine Friendly URLs" is set to "No" Not too big of a deal to me, just something I noticed.

Hopefully that made sense. Anyways great job on a great template!
Hello. First, Siteground team is working about collapsible parts, soon they are going to publish i think and second i also noticed same problem with SEF urls and newsflash comp. I will check it and then inform you.

pscarnegie
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pscarnegie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:35 pm

I am also having issues with the polling features using siteground's latest template. The polls seem to work fine through the default "rhuk_milkyway" template, however switching over to the "siteground" template creates an "invalid xml data" error when displaying the graph. If this has been addressed, please let me know what the outcome was. Additionally, since I own a license for all of the Fusion Charts, will it be possible to add additional charts to my site?

Also, I noticed some dialog regarding the "previous/next" graphics not working when "Search Engine Friendly URLs" was set to "Yes". Dereque mentioned posting an update to address this issue. Could he also provide a link to this update. My version is 1.0.14, and I haven't been able to locate anything newer. These updates need to be listed and dated somewhere.

Awesome template. You guys give RocketTheme a serious run. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

PHP Built on: Linux cl14 2.6.20.2-1 #6 SMP Fri Aug 3 17:00:09 PDT 2007 i686
Database Version: 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge7
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 4.4.7
Web Server: Apache/2.0.54
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.0 Production/Stable [ Takriban ] 5-October-2007 21:00 GMT

valraven
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Where are template positions?

Post by valraven » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:11 pm

Love the template. I'm trying to figure where the positions are on the page. All the pre 1.5 doc says like under site/preview, but that doesn't exist in 1.5. How do you do the same thing under 1.5?

Hogne
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Hogne » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:57 pm

I just discovered that the png.js script used by the template kills the slimbox.js when trying to use it with the site.
Last edited by Hogne on Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bob_builder_88
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bob_builder_88 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:36 am

Hello

Just want to say that I really like this template.

Could you help me as I am very new to Joomla and I think my configuration may have a problem.  I am using WAMP on Windows XP and have found the following error repeated in my apache log:

File does not exist: C:/wamp/www/templates/siteground/images/general/pathway_left_bg1.png, referrer: http://localhost/templates/siteground/c ... ral_bg.css

I can see in the CSS it says:

#toppathway td.leftbg {
width:10px;
background: url(../images/general/pathway_left_bg1.png) no-repeat;
height:28px;
}

but here is a list of files in that directory on my PC:

Directory of C:\wamp\www\templates\siteground\images\general

13/11/2007  04:13 PM              .
13/11/2007  04:13 PM              ..
13/11/2007  04:13 PM              651 bg.png
13/11/2007  04:13 PM            14,600 general_background.jpg
13/11/2007  04:13 PM              286 indent1.gif
13/11/2007  04:13 PM                44 index.html
13/11/2007  04:13 PM            6,021 joomla_logo.png
13/11/2007  04:13 PM              315 mw_readon.gif
13/11/2007  04:13 PM              121 star.gif
              7 File(s)        22,038 bytes
              2 Dir(s)  202,999,685,120 bytes free

I read a post on your forum (http://forum.siteground.com/showthread. ... 096&page=2) that mentions this is caused by GD png not being installed on the server.  I do have this enabled in my config (phpinfo says it is anyway).

Did I make a configuration or install problem?

I also had a small problem with the User Registration link activation causing a 500 error on my system this was resolved by using the following fix:

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php?topic ... msg1058366

Some files were required to be copied under the siteground directory, is this a requirement?

Thank you for your time.

Pete

SoccerGuy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by SoccerGuy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:30 pm

Beautiful Templates. However, how the heck do you install these? Maybe I'm just stupid, or new, or a combination of both. I don't see an option to install on either the Templates Manager page or the Install page. I only get the option to delete templates...

Can someone give me a clue. I tried searching the docs, but there doesn't appear to be a lot of documentation for 1.5. The install process between 1.x and 1.5 is drastically differenet.

Hogne
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Hogne » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:44 pm

SoccerGuy wrote: how the heck do you install these?
"Extensions" -> "Install/Uninstall".  Under "Upload Package File", Browse and find the package file that contains the template (or extension) (don't unzip the file first, the installer will do this itself).

The installer will also automatically detect wheter it's a template, plug-in, module or language you are trying to install.

It's as easy as that  ;)
Last edited by Hogne on Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dallen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dallen » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:19 pm

SoccerGuy wrote: Beautiful Templates. However, how the heck do you install these? Maybe I'm just stupid, or new, or a combination of both. I don't see an option to install on either the Templates Manager page or the Install page. I only get the option to delete templates...

Can someone give me a clue. I tried searching the docs, but there doesn't appear to be a lot of documentation for 1.5. The install process between 1.x and 1.5 is drastically differenet.
Since they are worth a thousand words I went ahead and just made a pic:

engsam22
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by engsam22 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:03 am

is there is any hope that this template supports any kind of of SEF solutions like SH404 or built in SEF in joomla  1.5
as till now i have tried many times but i didn't work??

rewrite works but templates fall down blank white page ??

this template will be perfect if it is supports any sef solutions

thanks
Trysync Software Development: http://www.trysync.com

SiteGround
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by SiteGround » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:20 am

dallen wrote: Just a few things... first I wanted to congratulate you on making such a great template and being so responsive and helpful to everyone here. This template is just amazing! And if you and your team could also do collapsible parts like dereque's suggested I believe that would be a great benefit for a lot of the developers here.

And now the problem: If I turn "Search Engine Friendly URLs" to "Yes" The arrow buttons for the previous and next buttons for the newsflash at the bottom of the page are missing on all the pages but the home page. For example: if I click on poll results, the poll and the results show up perfectly, except I get broken image tags for where the next and previous images are supposed to be for the NewsFlash.
Hello,

Thanks for the kind words and high evaluation of out work!

We have added a small change in prefix which should make the image paths work fine under mod_rewrite. Please download the template again now and reinstall it. In case you do not want to reinstall it you can just replace the siteground/html/mod_newsflash/default.php file with the one from the last version.

Best,

Mike
Official Representative
SiteGround Joomla templates: http://www.siteground.com/joomla-hostin ... plates.htm

SiteGround
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by SiteGround » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:06 am

bob_builder_88 wrote: Hello

Just want to say that I really like this template.

Could you help me as I am very new to Joomla and I think my configuration may have a problem.  I am using WAMP on Windows XP and have found the following error repeated in my apache log:

File does not exist: C:/wamp/www/templates/siteground/images/general/pathway_left_bg1.png, referrer: http://localhost/templates/siteground/c ... ral_bg.css

I can see in the CSS it says:

#toppathway td.leftbg {
width:10px;
background: url(../images/general/pathway_left_bg1.png) no-repeat;
height:28px;
}

but here is a list of files in that directory on my PC:
Hello Pete,

We are extremely glad to hear that you are pleased with the template. We would also like to thank you for reporting this issue. The rule in question mentioned in several css files is left over from previous development stages of the template and references an image file that is no longer in use. I guess we forgot to take the css row of code out when we ditched the file. Now we have removed the unnecessary background references and they should produce no errors.

Thanks again!

Best,

Mike
Official Representative
SiteGround Joomla templates: http://www.siteground.com/joomla-hostin ... plates.htm

SiteGround
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by SiteGround » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:15 am

Hello guys!

An update for dereque, jimluu and all the rest you out there waiting for the collapsible version of the template, where if no content is present in the left and/or right column the corresponding column would not be present and the main content would extend accordingly to take the vacant space.

The work on this feature is in progress and we expect to release the changes some time in the beginning-to-middle of next week.

Thank you all for your patience and support and sorry for any inconvenience caused by the lag in the responses to your inquiries!

Mike

P.S. We are also working on a RTL-compatible version but I cannot provide you with ETA on that one.
Official Representative

eyore
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by eyore » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:57 pm

Great template!

Will you fix the SEF URLs bugs in next release?

Examples I have noticed:
- when "emailing this link to a friend", the image close-x.png points to "/component/components/com_mailto/assets/close-x.png" (which is one "component" to much..)
- more importantly: if I create a User Login Meny  (i.e. "DEFAULT LOGIN LAYOUT"), the "Lost your Password?" and "Lost your username?" -links do not work. Instead of directing the user to "login?task=LostPassword" they point to the top user login page: "/login". However the "Registrer"-link does work, it points to "/login?task=register" as it should. (Hope I made any sense).

Cheers/ Eyore     
-It is not much of a tail. But I am sort of attached to it.

dallen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dallen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:18 am

eyore wrote: Great template!

Will you fix the SEF URLs bugs in next release?

Examples I have noticed:
- when "emailing this link to a friend", the image close-x.png points to "/component/components/com_mailto/assets/close-x.png" (which is one "component" to much..)
- more importantly: if I create a User Login Meny  (i.e. "DEFAULT LOGIN LAYOUT"), the "Lost your Password?" and "Lost your username?" -links do not work. Instead of directing the user to "login?task=LostPassword" they point to the top user login page: "/login". However the "Registrer"-link does work, it points to "/login?task=register" as it should. (Hope I made any sense).

Cheers/ Eyore     
I downloaded the new version of the template and I've been playing with it for a couple days. I uninstalled the old version and installed the updated version just to make sure it was fresh and plus it was easier that way. Anyways I can verify that there is a problem with the "email this link to a friend". I didn't try to make a menu item for the user login so I can't really comment on that, but the normal default login, forgot password, and lost username looked fine to me.
And it does looks like the issue with the images missing from the next and previous on the newsflash with "Search Engine Friendly URLs" set to "Yes" is fixed as far as I can tell.

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by infograf768 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:05 am

Concerning e-mail link to friend, see http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,220997.0.html
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

jmpikor
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jmpikor » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:33 pm

Read on if you'd like, but I discovered the solution to this after a little more playing.  The solution to the problem below is this (thought I'd share in case someone else gets similarly confused):

Extensions->Template Manager->siteground->Parameters->Cascading Top Menu->No

Given the excellent work shown in this template, I'm not at all suprised that the fault was mine, not siteground's!

Thanks again for a great template.  Can't wait for the collapsible modules.

Original post from here down...

Hi there,

I really like your template, but I'm having trouble with something.  Maybe 'cause I'm a noob, I don't know.  I've really tried hard to figure it out on my own, without any luck.

For the sake of a simple example, I have only the Main Menu in the left position, with two items in the menu.  There are no other modules in the left position.  I also have the same two items in the top_menu (user3 position), which were 'copied' from the main menu, so all the settings are identical.

If I choose an item from the Main Menu, everything works just fine.  However, if I choose an item in the top menu, the new page displays, but the Main Menu in the left position disappears UNLESS under 'Menu Assignment' for Main Menu (Extensions->Module Manager->Main Menu->Menu Assignment), I select 'All'.  If I choose 'Select Menu Item(s) from the List' I lose the Main Menu from the left position, EVEN if I've manually selected all the menus in the list.  The left position doesn't collapse, it's just empty.  When I visit my site for the first time, I see the Main Menu in the left position.  It isn't until I click a menu item from the top_menu that it disappears.  I can choose items from the Main Menu all day long with no problems.

I've noticed that when I hover the mouse over menu items, the links in my Main Menu look like this:

http://www.domain.com/index.php?option= ... e&Itemid=1

but the equivalent item in the top_menu looks like this:

http://www.domain.com/index.php?option= ... =frontpage

I also notice that the '&Itemid=1' portion is missing for the items in the top_menu.

I don't have this problem when using other templates.  Can anybody help a noobie out?

Thanks for your time!

Jeff
Last edited by jmpikor on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eeef
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Eeef » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:19 pm

For me the biggest omission i've found, and it might not be a big one for some people, is the lack of a Banners module position. The only position it seems to work in is Top...er...which is at the bottom  ???

Any chance of a Banner module position at the top of the page?

freetemplate
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by freetemplate » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:24 pm

wow :D,i like this template
http://joomlatp.com :free joomla templates,free joomla themes,free joomla 1.5 templates

truther
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by truther » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:43 pm

This template is great. Thanks.

PROBLEM:  I am running the Google Analytics module and get this error on every page:

Notice: Undefined index: page in /home/content/mydomainname/html/modules/mod_analytics/mod_analytics.php on line 22

Notice: Undefined index: checkout_this_step in /home/content/mydomainname/html/modules/mod_analytics/mod_analytics.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined index: user_id in /home/content/mydomainname/html/modules/mod_analytics/mod_analytics.php on line 24
This was working completely fine with default template. Any ideas why this is?

Running: PHP5, GoDaddy, 1.5RC3

Thanks!

hmagday
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hmagday » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:09 am

I have questions:

1. Can i remove the "Designed by SiteGround Web Hosting"?
2. Can i use it for our company website?
iSF1

dereque
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by dereque » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:59 am

hmagday wrote: I have questions:

1. Can i remove the "Designed by SiteGround Web Hosting"?
2. Can i use it for our company website?
All these templates in contest are open source. So you can use it. I don't know if you can remove footer.

hmagday
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hmagday » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:55 am

Thanks for your reply, 1 question answered....

Can anybody tell me if its okey to remove the footer from this template or from all the templates who joined the contest????
iSF1

epleste
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by epleste » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:24 am

Very cool template.

I'm having one issue with the top menu, I can't get a category blog layout to display whether in the top level or in a drop down menu.

I have copied existing category blog menu items from other menus and created completed new menu items but to no avail.
All I can ever get to display is the category description (whether I have it set to display description or not) followed by '> .

I have tested with the default template and other including siteground-j15-1 and siteground-j15-8 and the blog views come up no worries.

Thanks
You only get out what you put in!

chimpta
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by chimpta » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:58 pm

Thanks for the great template.  Well designed.  Is there a way for the template to add the copywrite code as it does in other templates?

SiteGround
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by SiteGround » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:11 pm

truther wrote: This template is great. Thanks.

PROBLEM:  I am running the Google Analytics module and get this error on every page:

Notice: Undefined index: page in /home/content/mydomainname/html/modules/mod_analytics/mod_analytics.php on line 22

Notice: Undefined index: checkout_this_step in /home/content/mydomainname/html/modules/mod_analytics/mod_analytics.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined index: user_id in /home/content/mydomainname/html/modules/mod_analytics/mod_analytics.php on line 24
This was working completely fine with default template. Any ideas why this is?

Running: PHP5, GoDaddy, 1.5RC3

Thanks!
Hello,

Thank you for the high evaluation!

The problem you are experiencing is due to the higher level of PHP error reporting that was enabled in one of the modules of the template. It was causing no error, but was enabling other (external) modules, such as the google analytics module, to show notices that you would not be able to see otherwise.

We have removed the line of code that enabled the extended error reporting. You can try downloading the template again and reinstalling it. If that does not help you can fix the problem by forcing a lower level of error reporting in your php configuration file or in local php.ini/.htaccess file.

Best,

Mike
Official Representative

itscasper
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by itscasper » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:19 am

When installing the template on a New WAMP install on Vista, I get the following error message (two other templates installed without a problem):

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1517497 bytes) in C:\Users\Robin\wamp\joomla\libraries\joomla\filesystem\archive\zip.php on line 285

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”