Joomla over Wordpress or Silverstripe?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
Josh3130
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla over Wordpress or Silverstripe?

Postby Josh3130 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:36 am

Hi, Josh here,

Completely new to Joomla and I am trying to make a decision between Joomla, Wordpress and Silverstripe for a new project. Are there specific reasons/strong advantages that set Joomla a part from Wordpress or Silverstripe? Or are we up to the point nowadays that it is more about personal preference and are they basically all the same?

thanks,

Josh
Last edited by imanickam on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to the forum The Lounge

pmleconte
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla over Wordpress or Silverstripe?

Postby pmleconte » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi Josh,

Obviously, you don't expect a objective answer: if we are on this forum, it's because we already made our decision: we like Joomla and it's the best CMS...

That was easy...

But, it's not that easy. It depends on your new project requirements, on what extension you'll need, if you want to "put your hand in the mud" (french expression), ...

I like it because I can adapt it to almost all requirements, and, in case of a doubt/problem, there're good forums to help in almost every country.

There's a bunch of comparative articles, but, either you trust them or you try and make your own decision based on your own experience, feeling, knowledge, ....

Pascal

damo
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Joomla over Wordpress or Silverstripe?

Postby damo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:19 pm

I'd not heard of SilverStripe until I saw this post ..

And it depends on what you want to build the site for .. but Joomla is fun - we just all hope that developers continue to develop for it.

Return to “The Lounge”