How to increase website traffic ?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
maydentaylor
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: How to increase website traffic ?

Postby maydentaylor » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:39 am

I want to increase the traffic of my site too. What's the best way to optimized it?

saradoara
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby saradoara » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:36 pm

update daily or weekly but only copyscape pass quality and unique content!

destiny15
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby destiny15 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:32 pm

With social media will get lot of traffic.social media like Facebook&twitter will get lot of traffic.
get more Facebook likes then increase traffic.
twitter followers increase then also growth the traffic.
traffic is very important to the Online bussiness

cruise05
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby cruise05 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:49 pm

In order to increase traffic, let's say you’ve got a website so think about acquiring links, visitors in the same way an online retailer or a vendor would acquire customers. Promote the website on different channels Social Media, Classifieds, Forums etc. Provide visitors with a good reason to visit your website, make sure that navigation is easy & that the visitors are onboarded. In shorts, help them get engaged.

phtrung0212
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby phtrung0212 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Content is the most important things.

Galleri
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Galleri » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:18 pm

If you want to increase the traffic on your website, you can either pay for it (adwords, facebook-ads, blog/media ads) or you can work on the SEO. I would recommend using the ads in the beginning and at least until your SEO starts giving results.

Galleri
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Galleri » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:28 pm

Oh, and remember: SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. It takes time - sometimes a lot of time.

HealthNFitness
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby HealthNFitness » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:58 pm

I am too having a personal blog for which i am using SEO tips, blog comments, tweets, videos, keywords, analytic and bunch of tools for attracting traffic to my blog, but since my blog's contents are in Hindi language so I would have to put some extra efforts. Since SEO techniques takes time and my blog has almost 27 posts till date which are online from the date I put my blog online. well keeping fingers crossed in every night till i checks the status of visitors.

btw @mariad_10 has put good tips for us who are looking to increase their website traffic :)

Galleri
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Galleri » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Great points by mariad.

The most important thing in order to get great rankings is linkbuilding. Getting links from strong and relevant (very important) sites.

Benly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Benly » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Well, I took content marketing and SEO courses online and it offered me great help. Names like Hubspot, Contently and udemy can offer you great help if you want to increase traffic on your blog.

These courses gives basic and then advance teaching for digital marketing. It includes all SEO, onpage, off page, content marketing tips and influencial marketing tips.

and TBVH, these courses and activities they offer and pretty much fun to do.

I hope I am being helpful here.

Benly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Benly » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:08 am

mariad_10 wrote:
Benly wrote:Well, I took content marketing and SEO courses online and it offered me great help. Names like Hubspot, Contently and udemy can offer you great help if you want to increase traffic on your blog.

These courses gives basic and then advance teaching for digital marketing. It includes all SEO, onpage, off page, content marketing tips and influencial marketing tips.

and TBVH, these courses and activities they offer and pretty much fun to do.

I hope I am being helpful here.

I have taken the course from Hubspot as well as from One Month.com which is indeed very helpful if someone needs learn about content marketing and how to generate traffic.

Is contently a paid course? like Hubspot and One Month are available for free.

Yes, I have heard about OneMonth. Every academy courses like Hubspot, Udemy, Contently and OneMonth offer basic courses as free, however, if you need to do advanced courses, I am afraid to tell you that it'd cost you.

But the good thing is they are not very pricey. You can get your ROI in 6 months if you use those methods correctly! :D

Benly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Benly » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:09 am

I can post the links here if you want to do those courses, but I don't know if its allowed here to do so. You can search those advanced courses on Google too.

Benly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Benly » Thu May 04, 2017 9:19 am

mariad_10 wrote:
Benly wrote:
mariad_10 wrote:
I have taken the course from Hubspot as well as from One Month.com which is indeed very helpful if someone needs learn about content marketing and how to generate traffic.

Is contently a paid course? like Hubspot and One Month are available for free.

Yes, I have heard about OneMonth. Every academy courses like Hubspot, Udemy, Contently and OneMonth offer basic courses as free, however, if you need to do advanced courses, I am afraid to tell you that it'd cost you.

But the good thing is they are not very pricey. You can get your ROI in 6 months if you use those methods correctly! :D

How much approx like a rough idea. And 6 months sounds not long.

Well, TBH, I don't remember the prices of those packages but one thing I know for sure is, they are not expensive. You should visit their pages to know the prices structure.

Benly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Benly » Thu May 04, 2017 9:20 am

konst wrote:Make some great content on your webpage and share it on the social media. If you can make a video along with the content it would be great.

Yup, the video will cause a boost in your content. It unlocks the virality function of your content. A must try!

Benly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Benly » Thu May 04, 2017 9:23 am

David_Williams wrote:Content is the most inportant, natural way to get traffic and be highly appreciated by GG. Of course, there is may software and else can be useful

Content is the most important thing, everyone would agree with you. But keeping it fresh and up to date is what Google demands in order to rank good on those keywords. Highjacking trends and writing on those will give you an edge.

Writing, keeping it fresh and social shareability of your content is what makes it rank well on Google.

brentclark2003
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby brentclark2003 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:44 am

Try to write out a lot of key phrases in the search engine and see where you are now. Google Analitics will be helpful - is free and simple observation tool. Pay attention to:

Organic Search - shows the movement on the website, coming from the organic results - from the search engine Google. It's free movement.

Direct - Direct entry into the page after entering the exact address of your website.

Referral - Input from other sites such as blogs, forums , which have a link to your site. If the links are stronger, then have more influence on their position in Google.

konst-galleri
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby konst-galleri » Wed May 10, 2017 12:17 pm

You should definately work on the SEO. That means linkbuilding (internal and external), great content and a lot of it.

Furthermore you should share your great content on all kind of social media. Get it out there, and traffic will come :)

ndegwer
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby ndegwer » Wed May 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Try out White Hat SEO strategies.

1. Make sure your title and meta tags have good keywords
2. Make sure you content is relevant and upto date
3. Shre your website and create backlinks if possible

konst-galleri
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby konst-galleri » Fri May 12, 2017 9:07 am

If you are willing to spend some money, Facebook-ads are probably the way to go, as long as you know exactly which people you want to visit your site.

Best regards.

Inevitable
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Inevitable » Fri May 12, 2017 1:44 pm

There are many ways to increase traffic on your website.

You should google "SEO". You better get started with this one right away.

For fast traffic you could perhaps spend some money on either Google or Facebook-ads. Read about it :)

towerofreview
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby towerofreview » Fri May 12, 2017 2:57 pm

i think is simple 3 ways :
whitehat :write good content and SEO it + run advertisement
greyhat : same as whitehat but use some tool
blackhat : don't ever touch that if don't want your site broken down
My authority site : https://hakireview.com/
And check out our's tips and tricks : https://hakireview.com/tip-tricks/

konst-galleri
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby konst-galleri » Sat May 13, 2017 6:58 am

Yes, avoid blackhat for every cost. It might give you some quick results, but being punished by Google is no joke.

Inevitable
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Inevitable » Sat May 13, 2017 1:35 pm

konst-galleri wrote:Yes, avoid blackhat for every cost. It might give you some quick results, but being punished by Google is no joke.

This can not be underlined enough. Avoid black hat. Its the easiest and cheapest way to go, but you will regret it the day Google discovers it. And they will :)

brentclark2003
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby brentclark2003 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:28 am

Use these solution :D
- Facebook groups
- Email influencers for promotion.
- forum and blogs posting and marketing in social networks
- Join Pinterest group boards.

konst-galleri
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby konst-galleri » Mon May 15, 2017 8:51 am

Besides SEO and ads, there is one way to get instant mass traffic.

It is by posting some great content on all the social medias.

Perhaps make a video with something funny/interesting regarding the theme of your website.

Benly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Benly » Fri May 19, 2017 11:34 am

mariad_10 wrote:What do you mean when you say Good keywords in Meta tags and Title?

Probably those keywords which have high search volumes and low competition so that you can be ranked on those keywords easily. It could be short-KW or long-tail ones. Long-tails have usually low search volumes and also low competition. It is quite easy to get ranked on long-tail KW.

Keywords for your business are those jargons which are related to your business. That people will type on google search engine to get to know you or your products.

Benly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Benly » Fri May 19, 2017 11:38 am

mariad_10 wrote:Engaging content gets you to drive a considerable amount of traffic.

What exactly do you mean by engaging content? Some domains can't write engaging content yet they are ranked first on google and are socially shared more. These concept is a little weak. A food business online, can't write a blog on movies that are more socially shared.

However, one can choose a different type of content for it use. A video for instance can be a good engagement product on social media where the online food guy, describes a dish and how it is made.

Choosing the correct content type is also very important. You don't need to write everytime to get ranked on Google. Videos, pictures, gifs are also taken into account by google for ranking purpose.

weredigi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby weredigi » Fri May 19, 2017 1:56 pm

With Google continuously changing the rules it's impossible to be totally up to date on what works and what does not. One simple need to write good content that is correct spelling and grammar with a well laid out and fast website that is totally mobile accessible.
You cannot depend on your content being found on its own! You need to tell people it's there, in whatever means you can from traditional advertising to social media.When you have a following sure post they will come but if you do have a following you need to build one to get there.
The internet is great for placing articles/blogs etc quickly and relatively easy to do. But that's not all it takes.
It actually takes work to have people looking at your content. There is no quick way to make it work as so many think there is.

konst-galleri
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby konst-galleri » Fri May 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Engaging content is meant for social media sharing.

Ranking on Google is primarily based on text/keywords along with linkbuilding.

Inevitable
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Inevitable » Mon May 22, 2017 1:59 pm

If you have engaging / well written / interesting content on your website - and all related to the topic of your website, people might be on your website for a longer time, which probably would help you climb the ladder on google :)

Return to “The Lounge”