Want to switch from wordpress to Joomla

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
Smithonepa
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Want to switch from wordpress to Joomla

Post by Smithonepa » Fri May 24, 2019 8:02 pm

Hello friends,
I am planning to convert my [ redacted ] from WordPress to Joomla due to some speed issue. but I have some requirements.
1. I want exact same design in Joomla also. (I am using WordPress paid theme)
2. My permalinks should not be changed. I have used some custom permalinks. so if I change the CMS from WordPress to Joomla, all these things will be the same or will it change?

Please guide me in this regard so that I can take a decision. thank you
Last edited by toivo on Fri May 24, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: URL removed - observe the warning about linking to non-Joomla sites!

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Want to switch from wordpress to Joomla

Post by sozzled » Fri May 24, 2019 9:00 pm

Just another topic (like all the other ones we see posted to this forum) asking exactly the same questions but really not interested in any of the answers we give.

Just another topic (like most of the other ones we see posted in the forum) whose only purpose is to advertise a Wordpress website.

Just another piece of spam.

If people want the "... exact same design in Joomla ..." then it's not hard (if people search the internet). There are millions of pages addressing these "exact same design in Joomla" questions. Here is the answer to the question: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Want+to+switch+fro ... +to+Joomla
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

roneidaselva
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by roneidaselva » Sat May 25, 2019 7:08 am

It is very easy to change our WordPress website to Joomla. You can go on google and find how you can change it.

john-doe
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by john-doe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:02 pm

The "Exact same Template" not always can be achieved.
I tried the process using a HTML base template, from where i set a joomla template and a wordpress template. I set the joomla temlate first while i set up the wordpress site (customer wanted J! to WP).

The template adaptation requires some knowledge in order to preserve the functionality. Components and modules needs to be adapted as well to fit into template mechanics based on the original WP settings.

Unless you get stucked for template and modules going WP to J! won't be cumbersome.
www.aldemar-hernandez.com - Custom templates and design services.

Return to “The Lounge”