How are you using Joomla?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
holdenh13
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How are you using Joomla?

Post by holdenh13 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:45 am

I'm a blogger that has used Wordpress for years, and I'm trying to find a reason to expand my skillset and use Joomla. I'm just wondering what kind of sites you guys are building with this CMS and what kind of success you've had using the platform.

I'm considering building a new site and looking for some creative recommendations. Yes, I've done research online, but there's nothing like speaking directly with people who have experience and found profitability.
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to The Lounge

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How are you using Joomla?

Post by toivo » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:00 am

Welcome to the Joomla forum!

Have a look at the Joomla! Showcase Directory.

Apart from the links in their signatures, the members of this forum do not advertise their websites because of the forum rules against self promotion.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Pavel-ww » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:36 am

holdenh13 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:45 am
I'm a blogger that has used Wordpress for years, and I'm trying to find a reason to expand my skillset and use Joomla. I'm just wondering what kind of sites you guys are building with this CMS and what kind of success you've had using the platform.

I'm considering building a new site and looking for some creative recommendations. Yes, I've done research online, but there's nothing like speaking directly with people who have experience and found profitability.
Hi.
In Joomla, you can create any site. And more than just nothing to add. To avoid the Holy War, I will say that - you should learn Joomla to understand opportunities and flexibility. And then you can compare it with WordPress based on your own experience. I use both CMS in work. And when the client does not matter which CMS will be used, I always offer Joomla.

aefferen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by aefferen » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:45 am

Tricky question indeed. I have 2 websites; one with joomla for maintaining a history of Lego technic. The other is a webshop where I used Wordpress because that was easier with my wishes than with Joomla.
However in general is my experience that Wordpress is easier for 'occasional' website maintenance, where Joomla is way more flexible OOTB for the professional. At least that is how I look at it. Mostly I experience for my self that I am not proficient enough for Joomla.
If you want my joomla website as example please ping me via private message.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:24 pm

Decide what you want to do then learn how to do it with Joomla. The only restrictions are your abilities and confidence.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

nfbauti
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nfbauti » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:37 pm

Joomla is used in quite interesting websites and more importantly, it is the boom that lately it has in front of the problems with WordPress especially related to its Gutenberg editor whose functionalities are turning its users upside down given that the classic editor will only be supported until the 31st. December 2021 and Gutenberg has more drawbacks than solutions.

darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by darb » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:38 am

You can always test Joomla 4 (incredible) that is stable launched 17:th August and see how fast and great it is https://www.joomla.org/announcements/re ... ugust.html

Return to “The Lounge”