How to increase website traffic ?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
dilantha2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to increase website traffic ?

Post by dilantha2 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:37 pm

I want about 100 visitors per day for my website,

Code: Select all

http://www.lotuslk.com
what should I do? I have only few articles .. but they are my own articles ... nobody has them ... so i hope people will visit my site .. but how to promote it?
Last edited by imanickam on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Locked the topic so that it does not attract spamming

yanhr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How to increase website traffic ?

Post by yanhr » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:34 am

As far as i know, sites that gives what people (community) need has more traffic. in other words, write for your readers not google.

I've been observing three samples (okay, i know that's maybe a small number), all of em start publishing in almost the same time.

First is my new blog, which is still new with only 10 articles and daily seo effort (site submit, build link, etc).

(these other two websites are my clients, which i have the access to their analytic page)

Second is a some gadget community on twitter, who asked me to built their blog. Their post mostly are have the same topics with what they've been discussed on their twitter account.

Third is a website with some mining and energy industry news update. What they do is keep writing those news and post it on their website (about 2 - 3 post a day), share it to their fb page and twitter account with no concern at all about the community (readers).

After 3 month, the second blog with a community base have more traffic then the other two.
My blog have the lowest traffic since i only focusing on seo without building the community (social media) and hold those content to be posted.

Well i'm not an expert on seo, maybe someone can correct me if i'm wrong?
http://yanhr.com - Joomla Basic Knowledge

igolfniray
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by igolfniray » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Great points yanhr!

In my opinion, getting traffic to your site takes in all three strategies.

1. Good content that people (not google) enjoy and will come back to.
2. Good use Webmaster tools
3. Getting a community 'buzz'

You can't rely on just one, as yanhr has pointed out. If you are number 1 on google searches but folks immediately 'bounce' from your site, your SEO efforts are for nothing. If you drag in and keep just a handful of visitors because your content is good, then your SEO needs worked on.

So like I said, fight the battle on as many fronts as possible! :)

haniar
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by haniar » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:24 am

dilantha2 wrote:I want about 100 visitors per day for my website,

http://www.lotuslk.com
what should I do? I have only few articles .. but they are my own articles ... nobody has them ... so i hope people will visit my site .. but how to promote it?
you know the term SEO. backlinks is the method considered best. wish you success :)

shadow689
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by shadow689 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:20 am

Enhance the power of the social media websites. Create profiles on the major social media websites (twitter, facebook, google+) and spread the word about your blog or website. For examples on how I promote my blog, click on my signature and you will see more techniques on my blog.
My photography blog: An HDR Photographer

inmate1807
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by inmate1807 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:30 am

Yes but how will people know that you have good content. What is the best way to promote your page?
Whats this with [youtube], can you tell us some more...

talks44
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by talks44 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:55 am

You need to write original content with good opinions, well written words and talk to your audience, not at them. That leaves them with a stronger urge to share/post/comment on your articles.

Social media sites are very good as well. Follow people on twitter in a related field, start building circles and then post. Someone adds you, add them. Someone comments on your profile, comments theirs etc. Same with Facebook. This will build a better community feel and real targeted viewers who will become repeating viewers.

Spinning articles about the same things as others will do nothing. Originality and good content as well as amount of content will prove beneficial. If someone likes something and reposts it, that's also another backlink for you. Creating backlinks will help increase your traffic.

inmate1807
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by inmate1807 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:46 am

We all know this, but there got to be some tricks for increasing traffic. There are many clips no [youtube] for this, but most of them are not free.

talks44
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by talks44 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:08 pm

inmate1807 wrote:We all know this, but there got to be some tricks for increasing traffic. There are many clips no [youtube] for this, but most of them are not free.
That's because in business the statement "You get what you pay for" is extremely accurate.

inmate1807
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by inmate1807 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:50 pm

What are you selling? :-)))
Yes it is accurate, but in business. This is forum, and its for shearing...

AaronFinch
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AaronFinch » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:07 am

Spread the word on facebook, and tell your friends about it and share it with others.

Patricia_Wright
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Patricia_Wright » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:51 am

Read this AWESOME beginners guide to SEO:

http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo

It has everything you need to get started with building your empire!

aerconditionat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by aerconditionat » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:17 pm

OK, i see what Patricia put here, and all the people says!
I'am in the SEO bussines from 2005 and i tell you that the number of visitors is very important if your site have ad-sense on it and you what to make money of that.
Otherwise you must think to have targeted visitors who wants what you sell or read abut it!
You must spread your article to all over the net, and if what you are wright abut is interesting you will have a lot of visitors. Always think that what you are wright about other people wright to so your content must be the best and off course original!
I love to Help and to receive help.
http://www.aerconditionat-shop.ro

princescotts
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by princescotts » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:53 pm

try to update your website with more content.. Remember this google loves unique content. the more the content, the more the organic visitor. Get some paid traffic on your website for a month or so in order to decrease Alexa ranking..

Rest assured you will soon be making nice passive income from the website.

chinabuzz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by chinabuzz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:00 am

Keep updating your site with original and good articles, and do your efforts to build links.

badeand23
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by badeand23 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:08 pm

It's a really nice site but a bit confusing i think. The products and services are just too unrelated. My advice would be to put up two different websites and have a blog on each of them. By having seperated sites, people don't get the feeling of a company that does everything half-ass(Not saying you are but it's the impression one might get). By blogging you can have many more "channels" that can get traffic and you may be surprised what keywords people search to find your site. (remember to use analytics)

All the best :)

alwayshere
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by alwayshere » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:40 am

The best and permanent way for having more visitors is writing unique and quality articles and making natural and quality backlinks for them. If you write real unique and quality articles, others will link to your contents automatically without your work. Submitting some articles to article directories and social bookmarking sites or social networks, can help you to have more visitors too.
I love Joomla

Radarz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Radarz » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:40 pm

talks44 wrote:You need to write original content with good opinions, well written words and talk to your audience, not at them. That leaves them with a stronger urge to share/post/comment on your articles.
Microsoft Points codes
Social media sites are very good as well. Follow people on twitter in a related field, start building circles and then post. Someone adds you, add them. Someone comments on your profile, comments theirs etc. Same with Facebook. This will build a better community feel and real targeted viewers who will become repeating viewers.

Spinning articles about the same things as others will do nothing. Originality and good content as well as amount of content will prove beneficial. If someone likes something and reposts it, that's also another backlink for you. Creating backlinks will help increase your traffic.
Some really good advise here, original content is the king, and if you can get your articles spread around by other people then that will bring quality natural traffic to your website quickly as well as helping you rank in the SERPs!

chief_wiggum
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by chief_wiggum » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:51 pm

I would say you need a lot of endurance!

To get traffic on your site means a lot of work, especially doing some good SEO.
Second aspect is (already said before), that you need good content with an added value. So you automatically will get more and more traffic on your site!

luis23045
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by luis23045 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:50 am

I believe in content but if you really want traffic fast, you will need to learn VIDEO MARKETING.

Promoting your content by using video, will give you more exposure. That's one of my strategies I personally use with great success on my blog.
http://cmsteachings.com - Joomla Tips & Tutorials
http://ubrainmedia.com - My Joomla Company
My Joomla Advice is my personal experience. It does not means I am right or wrong. It just means that I work with Joomla in my own way and it works for me.

delite
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by delite » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Content is King. Make sure you have quality content and try to update it as much as possible - Google loves you for that.

Neuff
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Neuff » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:47 pm

As most people already have written but can't be pushed enough. Good content and a well updated site is what works for me

bantayso02
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bantayso02 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:08 am

Accidental, i read this topic and so lucky for me, i have a trouble...through your advice, i learn something effectively.
Thanks so much you guys

budiperkasa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by budiperkasa » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:34 am

delite wrote:Content is King. Make sure you have quality content and try to update it as much as possible - Google loves you for that.
Yes, I agree with your opinion, but in another hand site URL is important too, in example; http://www.yourdomain.com/how_to_implem ... -site.html is more valuable than http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?con ... .bla...bla, the site url was contain site informations and easy to remember by human, this type of URL could be overwritten by Joomla site configuration, .htaccess or other SEO Joomla Components out there if you want to more specifically than.
Last edited by budiperkasa on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marianne_K
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Marianne_K » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:05 am

One of the fastest way to generate website traffic I believe is with twitter. Start following and exchanging with people in your niche and you can generate traffic quickly if you have interesting content :)

retiredmedic12
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by retiredmedic12 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:40 am

What are some of the best ways you guys have found to buy inexpensive traffic. I have tried the free traffic route, but not having any luck getting conversions. I am told there are a number of penny traffic sites out there, but I am not finding them.

Thanks in advance for your responses and Happy Thanksgiving

Dwayne
Last edited by ooffick on Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Note: Removed manual Signature. Please read the Forum rules for details.

mr pip
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mr pip » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:26 am

igolfniray wrote:Great points yanhr!

In my opinion, getting traffic to your site takes in all three strategies.

1. Good content that people (not google) enjoy and will come back to.
2. Good use Webmaster tools
3. Getting a community 'buzz'
Just a quick question, how do you use webmaster tools for SEO? I am still getting to grips with Google webmaster tools and don't really understand everything it is telling me.

egrovesys
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by egrovesys » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:22 am

Make your content stand out. Try Infographics and Slide in a Post.. Attractive presentation. You may get more returning visiters

TSX-Today
I've been banned!

Post by TSX-Today » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:50 am

Quality content is always the best.

brks
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by brks » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:59 am

I tried to visit your website, but I got the following error message.

Precondition Failed
The precondition on the request for the URL /cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi evaluated to false.
Additionally, a 302 Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Perhaps you should check your hosting or codes. It's better to direct visitors to maintenance page if you are working on the website, letting them know when to return.
We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us. - Churchill
http://architectscircle.com/

Return to “The Lounge”