How to increase website traffic ?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
konst-galleri
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How to increase website traffic ?

Post by konst-galleri » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:26 pm

On the long term SEO is the way to go, but dont underestimate the power of social media.

If you can get a fanbase for your homepage and continues to deliver great content on the social media, preferably a few times a week, you can generate massive traffic.

Some businesses/webshops runs entirely on the social media traffic.

I know from my country, that there are dusins of art galleries that dont spend a dollar on SEO, but do a lot of great social media work. In this line of business (artworks, paintings etc) they take a nice picture every day of one the paintings and put on the social media. The painting get a lot of likes, which drags people to the webshop.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: How to increase website traffic ?

Post by sozzled » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:32 am

I think it's about time that this necrose discussion was closed. As I'm sure everyone will realise, this topic's main purpose is a honeypot for all the "SEO experts", the spammers and the weirdos that flock to forums in order to push their opinions / products: yada-yada-yada. *yawn* The same old tiresome recycled nonsense.

Isn't it ironic that the the website mentioned by the OP (@dilantha2, who wanted to see more than 100 visitors 5½ years) doesn't even exist today? Talk about flogging a dead horse, eh?

So, after 5½ years of nonsense (and 130 messages later), what have we learnt? We've learnt that people can spend 5½ years writing a lot of nonsense.

Return to “The Lounge”