Help Projectfork develop, progress - anyone?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Help Projectfork develop, progress - anyone?

Post by darb » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:36 pm

I see there is not much progress for this great Joomla extension Projectfork http://extensions.joomla.org/extension/projectfork and it would be pity if it slowly died..

https://github.com/projectfork/Projectf ... -151029156

Maybe someone is interested to join Tobias Kuhn with the development of this extension?

Its a pity that Joomla.org doesn't use it in any form too to support and make pr for this great extension in Joomla internal project management issues :(
Success in the long run Its not about the code its about the people and community that's make it!
Its not what you say its what you do that matters!

Darb - aka ssnobben

ThePiston
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Help Projectfork develop, progress - anyone?

Post by ThePiston » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:37 pm

looks like they are forking to "Pojectknife", not dead apparently: [ redacted ]
Last edited by toivo on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: removed link to expired domain

KevinMorr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by KevinMorr » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:18 pm

I supported ProjectFork and purchased Pro, I supported ProjectKnife and purchased Pro. Both were said to be lifetime subscriptions. Problem is both of those did not really do anything as far as updating and making them better. Now we have ProjectSpoon and again to be a member of the club I have to purchase yet another lifetime subscription. I have to ask for what? All that is going to happen is we what, move on to some other kitchen utensil when we want to suck more money out of people for something that is basically unsupported and barely growing? This is a SCAM pure and simple and a really [ redacted ] business model if you ask me. Fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times... well you can [ redacted ], I will go to Bed Bath and Beyond from now on because I am sick of paying into something and getting NOTHING for it! JOKES ON YOU NOW [ redacted ]!
Last edited by toivo on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: redacted, please observe forum rules, no coarse language and 'wall of shame' allowed!

darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by darb » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:56 am

Yes thats always a problem when you trust these one man show only focused on code people not understanding the whole business model to survive in the open source development world.

I have seen so many of these Joomla 3pds that unfortunately not understand that its not about the code is how you organise your whold open source business model if it should work.

For a Joomla project tool extensions you can look at Joomproject too https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... omproject/
Success in the long run Its not about the code its about the people and community that's make it!
Its not what you say its what you do that matters!

Darb - aka ssnobben

Return to “The Lounge”