Remove OSM News and Leadership Blog on Joomla.org

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Remove OSM News and Leadership Blog on Joomla.org

Post by darb » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:28 am

Please on the main page of Joomla.org close down: OSM News and Leadership Blog.

There is no frequent news and is only bad will and devastating for Joomla! We can´t now have "News" of Joomla that is 1 year old!

Remove this pls and/or reach out to responisble people that are responsible for this..

There is no frequency of OSM news leadership or Leadership blog(s) - so just remove it.

rgds

---------------------------------------------------------- the important news area on Joomla.org -----------------
OSM News

Saurabh Shah
The draft of the budget for 2016 has been published

Posted on May 23, 2016 by Saurabh Shah
Saurabh Shah
Joomla Video Request For Proposal

Posted on August 24, 2015 by Saurabh Shah

Leadership Blog

The Structure Team
Introducing the Transition Team

Posted on September 21, 2015 by The Structure Team
The Structure Team
Call for Transition Team Nominations - July 2015

Posted on July 7, 2015 by The Structure Team
Success in the long run Its not about the code its about the people and community that's make it!
Its not what you say its what you do that matters!

Darb - aka ssnobben

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Remove OSM News and Leadership Blog on Joomla.org

Post by mbabker » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:09 pm

You want to remove a feed because it has had no new posts in 2 months!? Get real. By your argument we should unpublish all content on .org that isn't related to Joomla 3.6 because it's old. Goodbye domain authority and SEO rankings.

There is no need to remove these feeds because people fail to communicate or categorize posts correctly when they do publish things.

darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by darb » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:28 pm

Mike I didnt say that there were posts that are 2 months old that should be removed. These were the 2 posts I mentioned:
Posted on July 7, 2015 by The Structure Team & Posted on August 24, 2015 by Saurabh Shah

What message and impressions do you think that 1 year old posts have on the front page of Joomla, to new and old visitors to Joomla?

For me this shows that Joomla not have so much activity to show up and thats bad for Joomla image and marketing.

Joomla is more than just the code and new releases and there are more values to protect and understand to make Joomla successful in the long run.

I know we have different perspective Mike but pls try to understand that a coin also have two sides. It would be better to post Joomla videos from different events that happens everywhere in world that shows the positive support for normal users of why they should choose Joomla. So what I mean is that this is better to remove than showing very old posts on the front page where is the first impression you got about what Joomla is about.
Success in the long run Its not about the code its about the people and community that's make it!
Its not what you say its what you do that matters!

Darb - aka ssnobben

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by mbabker » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:23 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you think you can do better with managing the .org sites, volunteer to be one of the webmasters and I'll gladly give you the keys. Frankly, I don't think the .org homepage needs to be a hub of news for every activity in the project, nor does it need to automagically filter out stuff that's "old" (just because a team hasn't posted in a year doesn't mean there is nothing happening, but sadly getting them to communicate it is another story altogether because this project which preaches transparency is about as clear as mud when it comes to communication). I don't think removing news modules because other people fail to communicate is the appropriate answer, especially considering that one of those modules comes from a group (OSM) who historically have published little if any relevant information on their own site.

Also, the team that's supposedly redesigning the homepage (and only the homepage, because screw brand consistency across all our domains) seems to think that news and other dynamically updating content is not a relevant item and is drastically demoted in their mockup (you have to scroll 4300 pixels to see the announcements block that is currently above the fold) in favor of static marketing materials and preferential CTAs to Joomla's contracted hosting partners over the free download. So *shrug*

Return to “The Lounge”