Silly questions probably

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
JanetGeorge
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Silly questions probably

Post by JanetGeorge » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:33 pm

I am not a tekkie - and have done NOTHING to my website since 2010 (there were good reasons.) So Front Page is dead - and MS Expressions is beyond me and looking for an alternative. I have my own server (thankfully OH looks after that now) and after lots of reading, I can't discover whether there is a reason I shouldn't try the latest issue. I suppose that server nuts & bolts might dictate but I'm pretty sure mine has most things it needs (it's at Bluemix but needs replacing if I can find one in the UK at a comparable price.)
Last edited by toivo on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved, not related to Joomla

JanetGeorge
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Silly questions probably

Post by JanetGeorge » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:13 pm

toivo - I may not be a tekkie but my English is pretty good for an Australian. How on earth does asking how to choose which version of Joomla I should use NOT relate to Joomla?? Oh forget it! I'll keep looking.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Silly questions probably

Post by toivo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Sorry, talking about Front Page and MS Expressions did not sound like Joomla at all. Even in the Lounge the questions usually relate more or less to Joomla.

You should use the latest version, available from https://downloads.joomla.org/

Plenty of things have happened since Joomla 1.0, if that is what you have, but it may still be possible to migrate the content to the latest version.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “The Lounge”