The New life after Joomla

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
Oleg11
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

The New life after Joomla

Post by Oleg11 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:18 pm

What CMS do you prefer instead of Joomla?

Since lot of upgrade fails for v3.8.0 and no one knows exactly how to cure a simple upgrade issue from 3.7.5. i'm looking for alternatives

frostmakk
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: The New life after Joomla

Post by frostmakk » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:16 pm

Oleg11 wrote: I am not a system administrator, and the only way is to upgrade to upload the zip archives and unzip to the right place
I don't know of any CMS you can trash as you like, and still works.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: The New life after Joomla

Post by sozzled » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:32 pm

Oleg11 wrote:Since lot of upgrade fails for v3.8.0 and no one knows exactly how to cure a simple upgrade issue from 3.7.5 ...
There are two things wrong or misleading with this statement:

1) Some people had problems updating from J! 3.7.5 to J! 3.8.0. The same situation occurred when J! 3.7.0 was released: some people had problems updating from J! 3.6.5. Have you noticed that we do not see as many problems today with people trying to update from J! 3.7.5?

2) Saying that "no one knows exactly how to cure a simple upgrade issue" is an unsubstantiated generalisation. The evidence, as shown on this forum, is that people who engage with the community will obtain help for their problems; other people choose to abandon their problems.

I will leave it to the commentariate to provide opinionated advice about what "alternatives" are preferable. :-\

Return to “The Lounge”