Tired to defend Joomla against WP or Drupal ? Liste of raisons here, Maybe I forget something?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
Chacapamac
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Tired to defend Joomla against WP or Drupal ? Liste of raisons here, Maybe I forget something?

Post by Chacapamac » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:29 pm

I redact the following to help my customers understand why we choose Joomla as the base of any new site for our customers and why we don’t use others CMS platform.

Maybe I go to far, Maybe I forget something, maybe this can also help you ?

Tell me what you think?

========================================================================

Why not Drupal?
Drupal is a case apart. Used rarely, Drupal is a core to build sites with the possibility CMS. Drupal is the realm of programmers. Building a site with the desired functions will require many hours of deep programming that are accessible only by high-level coders at high costs.

To make a short story, Graf does not see the value of spending big budgets for creating, modifying and maintaining a site that can be easily done in a tight budget with a quality CMS like Joomla using free or almost free components that will give you the same functions, and even more.

In addition, these same components will always be updated for free or at low cost by their developers. With Drupal, not only will you become attached to the builder of your site, but all will cost a lot more to maintain, update or adding features.

In our opinion, the use of Drupal to build a site is not necessary in 99.99% of cases. Let's not forget that Joomla is extremely flexible, and it is easy to add completely custom functions if necessary.

Be careful, if you have your own IT department or you are not afraid of a big budget, Drupal can be a very secure, stable and powerful solution for you.

Why not Wordpress?
• The general structure to display, produce and edit the content and design of your site is not very flexible. WP is rather a blog system that tries to be a real content manager like Joomla. Complex, multilingual site management with a lot of content is simply inadequate but sufficient for small personal blogs.

Joomla, on the other hand, is very flexible and easy to modify for a small personal site or any type of site of any size. Joomla allows you to not be limited by the system. Unlike WP, your site can easily be changed without expensive modifications according to your needs of the moment.

• Web security professional qualify “Wordpress Security” as an oxymoron. The overall poor architecture, obsolete and inconsistent code in the core and poorly design plugins and themes ( with Links, Trojan Horses and back doors…) contribute to a bad reputation for serious web developers.
Follow this link (in English) to learn more ...
https://www.quicksilk.com/blog/1/histor ... ity-issues

• WP offers many plugins (extensions) and themes, but the overall quality, even for the most known and used extensions, is low. The support and help from the developers of these extensions are often mediocre, and the possibility of breaking your site during an update is high. The development of these plugins is sometimes abandoned, multiple branches of similar plugins are developed by low-level coders and may even contain malicious software.

• Wordpress, unlike Joomla, need external plugins (extensions) to establish the foundations of a secure system like, two-factor authentication, to protect your administration and even for the establishment of your site in SSL (https) which unlike HTTP, HTTPS, uses an encryption method that secures the connection between the users browser and your server.
(SSL & HTTPS is also requested at SEO level by Google and other search engines today.)

Joomla includes in its internal code the controls of these two possibilities without having recourse to any external plugins or knowing and modifying manually internal codes. These two important parameters are to incorporate in the core system, in addition to the acceptance of cookies for sites for European customers. (GDPR Compliance)

• In addition, Joomla, without any additions of external extensions, gives you the possibility to easily install any number of languages needed (Joomla currently supports 75 languages of the world.) For both your administration and your visitors making your site a site multilingual ready for global coverage in less than a minute.

With Joomla, you get a complete, secure and international site from the start without any additional external extensions.

Wordpress requests the addition of external extensions to become international and has no language system in its core code except for a complex system of manual file editing.

• Wordpress, again without plugins do not offer any serious ACL (Access Control Lists) capabilities to tailor fit what such or such editors, administrators and different type of visitors can access in your site administration or view and access on your site. Joomla have a strong ACL control systems in its core.

It's simple Wordpress does not meet the minimum required flexibility and quality needed for a modern site.

========================================================================
Can God help us?
Marketing, SEO, Web development - Powered by Joomla!
http://www.grafcomm.ca/

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Tired to defend Joomla against WP or Drupal ? Liste of raisons here, Maybe I forget something?

Post by waarnemer » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:17 pm

in Short.
Joomla! is an out of the Box ready to go Enterprise Ready CMS.
- SEO/SEF
- Multilingual
- Enterprise Access Control
- MVC making design a breeze compared to anything out there
- Scalable
- Easy to install
- Easy to setup
- Easy to maintain
- Superb Extensions
- A huge friendly community ready to help
- Security awareness... issue discovered today, almost patched yesterday.

Joomla! is about content creation... not just page building...

If your company or organisation grows, so does your website.
Why use (Wordpress which is out of the Box) a one-man-band webtool?
You will have personnel authoring parts of your site. You will need Access Control.
Joomla! has that out of the box. Allow your site to grow with you.
Be prepared for the bright future.

There is so much I can write to keep it short ;)

Chacapamac
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Tired to defend Joomla against WP or Drupal ? Liste of raisons here, Maybe I forget something?

Post by Chacapamac » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:27 pm

I will add the MVC advantage to my list - Thanks
Can God help us?

Gany
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Gany » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:12 am

Something to add to your list: multilingual. Joomla can out of the box handle multiple languages. It's quite easy to translate plugins, modules and components yourself, when needed.

I always recommend clients who need multilingual sites to forget about WordPress, because translating is really a pain in the rear.

Chacapamac
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Chacapamac » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:41 pm

Thanks Gany & waarnemer I add/modify these 2 paragraphs

The general structure to display, produce and edit the content and design of your site is not very flexible. WP is not based on a modern MVC (Model / View / Controller) architecture like Joomla that separates the visual from the code. WP is rather a blog system that tries to be a real content manager like Joomla. Complex, multilingual site management with a lot of content is simply inadequate but sufficient for small personal blogs.

and

In addition, Joomla, without any additions of external extensions, gives you the possibility to easily install any number of languages needed (Joomla currently supports 75 languages of the world.) For both your administration and your visitors making your site a powerful multilingual site ready for global coverage in less than a minute. Also, a simple integrated translation system allows you to translate all unilingual extensions and edit any translations yourself.

I don’t mind that people use this for their own purpose, after all, the goal is to promote Joomla.

Good Day to All!
Can God help us?

Return to “The Lounge”