WordPress vs Joomla Security Topic is solved

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
DaveOzric
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

WordPress vs Joomla Security

Post by DaveOzric » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:40 pm

Hello, I just rebuilt a site for someone that was on WordPress and it got hacked (pharma links) and now is rebuilt with Joomla https://creativecaterpillarkids.com/

What are anyone thoughts on preventing this from happening again? The old site was on Godaddy so could it of been a server hack, not just the webiste?

I am curious how this happened and what the best practice to prevent this would be? I use high quality hosting and Admin Tools Pro for all my sites. Try to limit extensions and only use highly rated developers for 3rd party extensions. I also keep the core and extensions up-to-date as fast as possible.

Thank you for any information on keeping Joomla sites safe and sound.
Last edited by toivo on Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved to the The Lounge, locked to stop attracting spam

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: WordPress vs Joomla Security

Post by AMurray » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:37 pm

If not already done, I would suggest subscribing to Myjoomla.com. Its suite of tools including comprehensive auditing of sites looking for security issues (amongst other things) will nicely compliment Admin Tools.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

DaveOzric
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: WordPress vs Joomla Security

Post by DaveOzric » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 pm

Interesting, I had not heard of this service before. I could see high profile sites benefiting from this.

Return to “The Lounge”