bookmark app for Joomla?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
brendanhedges
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

bookmark app for Joomla?

Post by brendanhedges » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Hi,

I have a request from a client to create some kind of app that he can place on facebook that when clicked not only takes you to his website, but adds a button to the homescreen of the mobile device automatically.

I'm not sure if this is possible, I wonder if anyone here has a solution, or can point me in the right direction as I have never had to develop an app to date :)

Regards, Brendan
Last edited by toivo on Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x General Questions

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: bookmark app for Joomla?

Post by toivo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:39 am

Adding a button to a mobile device requires an app that gets first installed in the mobile device. Therefore the Facebook page should have links to the installable app in the repositories Apple App Store and Google Play.

Even if all that the app does is to load the client's website in the default browser, the app is dependent on the mobile platform. Fortunately there are free tools that facilitate cross platform development for mobile apps. Do a search "free cross platform mobile app development" or read the following article: https://www.outsystems.com/blog/free-cr ... pared.html.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “The Lounge”