Virtuemart forum is not sending reset password emails

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
amymattian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by amymattian » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi,
I have tried a few times to both reset my password and to create a new user in the Virtuemart forum. But I am not getting emails through for any email address. SO I am not able to reset the password nor am I able to create a new user to Virtuemart forum.

Any idea where to contact about this issue? I cannot find a contact form or email address on Virtuemart site, and since I cannot login to forum, I cannot report them about this issue either.

- Anne (amymattian)
Last edited by imanickam on Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum Extensions for Joomla! 3.x to the forum The Lounge
https://www.kotisivutohtori.fi/
Website Doctor to the rescue...

bruno28
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Virtuemart forum is not sending reset password emails

Post by bruno28 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Hello Anne

try here : https://www.virtuemart.net/contact-the-team

They may help you
Cordialement, Bruno28 :)
Joomla! 3.9.15 - php 7.3
https://www.bp2i.fr/ - https://www.moneglisesurle.net/

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AMurray » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Check spam filters (and allow the sender from the VM forum) as the auto replies may be in your 'junk' folder?
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:55 pm

amymattian wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I have tried a few times to both reset my password and to create a new user in the Virtuemart forum ... [and] I am not able to reset the password nor am I able to create a new user to Virtuemart forum.
I am not going to pretend that I know anything about VM; I don't know anything about VM. I know a little about Joomla, and a little about the internet, and a little about email ... but I don't know anything about VM.

I am writing here because I don't fully understand the question. Perhaps, if we can understand the question better, we may be able to help.

The first thing that I don't understand is what Virtuemart has to do with administration of existing user accounts or "new" users. Joomla has user accounts; I assume that when you install VM on your J! website that your website uses J! user accounts. If VM on your site doesn't use J! user accounts at all, then it doesn't matter how you tried to "reset [a] password" or create a new user "in the VM forum" because, to be honest with you, I don't think that's a question we can answer here on this forum. That's a Virtuemart thing, maybe. ???

But if, as I suspect, you cannot "reset" your password and you're talking about resetting the password for an account on your Joomla website, then I think we need to know more about how you are going about "resetting" your password ... and why? Maybe I've misunderstood the question. This is a forum for obtaining help with Joomla-related matters. Perhaps you are talking about getting in touch with VM? As I wrote earlier, I don't know anything more about VM than what I find using Google.

Are we talking about "resetting" your password because you cannot login to your account or for some other reason? Why do you need to "reset" your password? What's wrong with it now? Are we talking about "resetting" the password for an administrator/superuser account or are we discussing something different?
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:44 am

@sozzled, have a cup of coffee, relax and read the original post with the previous replies, which already seem to provide the answer needed by the OP!
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 am

The email service seems to be down at the VirtueMart Forum. I logged in and changed my email address but have not yet received the validation email.

BTW, if the contact form is supposed to send an email to the VM team, it would now be a Catch-22 situation, but the CAPTCHA on the contact form is not working.

I will try to contact someone who may be a member of the VM team.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:37 am

Thanks, @toivo. I'm relaxed :) Obviously not a J! issue here. Cheers.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

amymattian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by amymattian » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:17 am

Hi,
Thank Toivo! I noticed this situation in October, but was travelling so did not have time to figure out what's going on. Now when back home and tried again to see if I can login, I noticed that the situation is the same as in October.

So I have tried both of these:
1) reset my password for the old virtuemart-forum user -> No recet email received (not even in spam box)
2) created a new virtuemart-forum user -> no activation email received (even to spam box :P)

If you have direct contacts to the team, please let them know! Thank you!

- Anne

jk1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by jk1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:52 pm

I've just made a test registration in the VM forum and did receive an activation email a few moments later.
I have no clue yet, why it doesn't work in your case. Are you using a gmail address?

I've also checked the forum member list and there have been successful registrations within the past few days as well as today.

amymattian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by amymattian » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:51 pm

Hi,
I am using gmail and I still do not get recet email throught to my old gmail-address. I do get this info when trying to send the recet:
"A mail has been sent to your email address. Click the link in that mail to set a new password."

I have check all folders, including spam-box.

In October I tried to create a new user with another email (non-gmail). I never got the activation link. I tried to resend it now, but nothing comes through.

Today now when I created a 3rd user with a 3rd email-account, I can get that through and was able to activate that one. But still is a mystery what happens to the emails for the other 2 email-accounts. And I still do not have access to my old user account amymattian, which I would prefer using, since there are all my old conversations.

- Anne

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:04 pm

I did not receive the validation email either after I changed my email address. My emails may have got filtered because my ISP is "at this time ranked position 1 of the 5 worst botnet hosters worldwide".

You can test your IP address at http://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php and check if your ISP is listed at UCEPROTECT-Level3 by the spam database.

amymattian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by amymattian » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi,
thanks, I used MXToolbox and my email-address is not blacklisted.

Also why the recet emails do not go through to my gmail-address? I don't think Gmail can be blacklisted, right?

- Anne

jk1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by jk1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Please check if your Gmail mailbox is full. Google recently has cut down the free storage limit (you can get more space if you pay for it) and if your mailbox is full, you won't receive new emails. I'm not sure, because I don't use it, but maybe also check if you have reached your total free storage limit (15 GB) with your Google account.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:56 am

In my case my new mailbox at vivaldi.net is only 1% full and the email from virtuemart.net was not in the junk folder either. The reason is clearly somewhere else, for example in the configuration of the sender mail server and any filters, firewalls and spam blockers.

As an initial test I connected now to VPN to be able to use Gmail. Great success - but the confirmation email from the VM forum registration went to the Junk folder . The reason was reported in the message header:

The from: address extensions@virtuemart.net is different from the reply-to: address, but, more importantly, Google Mail received the email from an IP address in cloudaccess.net, which IP address is not configured as a permitted sender in the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) of virtuemart.net and therefore Gmail regards the email as spam.

Code: Select all

SPF:	SOFTFAIL with IP 199.116.78.85
DMARC:	'FAIL' 
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
       spf=softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning extensions@virtuemart.net does not designate 199.116.78.85 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=extensions@virtuemart.net;
Recommendation: configure SPF in the DNS records of virtuemart.net.

StefanSTS
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by StefanSTS » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:35 am

Thanks for reporting this issue. I saw the VM team is informed about this issue since yesterday evening.
I hope it will be resolved soon. If I hear any news, I will inform about that here.

Regards
Stefan

amymattian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by amymattian » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Thanks Stefan! :)

- Anne

amymattian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by amymattian » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:22 am

HI,
I just noticed that I can access the Virtuemart forum with my old username. I did not try to reset anymore (incase the email gets lost again...). But at least I can access the old user 1st time for several months. Great!

Thanks for everyones help!

- Anne

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:11 am

It is best to wait for confirmation from the VirtueMart Forum team that the issue has been fixed. I tried to reset my password a few minutes ago but did not receive the email. It was not in junk either.

amymattian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by amymattian » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Ok, maybe they have just enabled my old user name... which was blocked for some reason. Let's wait and see what happens!

- Anne

Return to “The Lounge”