Why has no one noticed I'm upset?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Why has no one noticed I'm upset?

Post by mandville » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:35 am

The reason being it is dec 23 and I have yet to see a request this year for a module or plugin to make snow fall across the screen.

I feel disappointed and let down.
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

gsmela
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Why has no one noticed I'm upset?

Post by gsmela » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:51 am

mandville,

What a great idea! I'd love to see such an add-on.

(And thank you and all the mods for the support on the forums this year.)

sozzled
I've been banned!

Mke your PC grind to a halt at Christmas, watching falling snow, when it's in the high 30s outside ...

Post by sozzled » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:48 pm

FWIW, searched the JED. There's a module that's been around for nearly six years (that still works) that does this: https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... w-falling/

We don't often see snow where I live (it's too warm and we live below the snow line) but 40 years ago—don't remember the year—we had a freakish snow on Christmas Day.

gsmela
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Mke your PC grind to a halt at Christmas, watching falling snow, when it's in the high 30s outside ...

Post by gsmela » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:31 pm

sozzled wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:48 pm
FWIW, searched the JED. There's a module that's been around for nearly six years (that still works) that does this: https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... w-falling/

We don't often see snow where I live (it's too warm and we live below the snow line) but 40 years ago—don't remember the year—we had a freakish snow on Christmas Day.
You do know you likely unleashed a monster by finding that. (And I do feel obligated to say I was just kidding when I thought it a great idea.) In any event I do enjoy learning from the comments I find here... all of them.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Well @sozzled Canberra is getting what Perth wishes for 22c on Christmas Day (we're expecting 35c, not 45 thankfully)
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by JAVesey » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:26 am

mandville wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:35 am
The reason being it is dec 23 and I have yet to see a request this year for a module or plugin to make snow fall across the screen.
Search JED for "Klixo particles"... not just snowflakes, any image you like, e.g. Santa, reindeer. Lots of customisable options too.

mandville wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:35 am
I feel disappointed and let down.
Have a glass of champers to cheer yourself up whilst you look back on things well-done last year :D

Happy New Year everyone ;)
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.0 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7
Joomla 5.1.0 on XAMMP for OSX with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28

Return to “The Lounge”