Communities support Topic is solved

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
JurajB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Communities support

Post by JurajB » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:31 am

Hello guys!
What about official community support? Like some list of Joomla! Communities out there.
I'm also asking permission that every Joomla! community can have 1 affiliate somewhere in the forum, for example here in the lounge.
I don't know others but for me when I should see a community which reveals here as a good sign.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Communities support

Post by toivo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:12 pm

Is this something you are looking for: Joomla! User Groups - Directory?
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:45 pm

"Community support" does not mean having JUG "affiliates" write junk like this topic in "The Lounge". Support does not mean having forum moderators respond to this junk either when there are more important discussions that are being ignored. This forum is not "official" anyway; it is a volunteer operated self-help discussion forum.

JurajB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by JurajB » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:13 pm

Thanks for that toivo,
but no I mean real information about all Joomla-friendly webpages including development ones.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:39 pm

There are a lot of "Joomla-friendly webpages"—including "development ones"—on the internet. What, specifically, are you talking about? What "real" information are you looking for? ???

Is there another kind of information that not real?

JurajB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by JurajB » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:40 pm

with real information it's logical to make a forum category here for all Joomla related webpages tips or development ones

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:02 pm

JurajB wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:40 pm
With real information it's logical to make a forum category here for all Joomla related webpages tips or development ones.
If you are talking about creating a forum category to showcase "all J!-related web pages/sites" then you are out of luck. There was a forum category called the Site Showcase but it closed over a year ago because that forum attracted a lot of advertising; self-promotional advertising is against the forum rules.

It is against the forum rules for anyone—including the moderators—to promote their own websites (including tips or development strategies) on this forum.

FYI, the Joomla! Showcase has it's own domain. There is one "J! 4 [Alpha] website" showcased there (but it's impossible to verify what technology was used to construct it).

I'm understand your opinion—that it's "logical" to make a forum category that contains tips about "all J! related webpages"—but it's important to understand what you're talking about, too. People are already confused enough, trying to navigate their way around over two hundred and fifty open forum categories, without adding more confusion. One reason why many people do not use this forum is because there are conflicting messages being sent about what versions of J! are unsupported, what versions of J! are supported and the status of those versions of J! currently in the pipeline or under active consideration for development. Another reason why people do not use this forum is because of the absence of reliable information about the J! project.

Does this answer your question?

JurajB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by JurajB » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:52 am

Yes, it does.
Thanks! :)

Return to “The Lounge”