How can I get help with code

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
JurajB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

How can I get help with code

Post by JurajB » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:31 pm

Hello all,
I ask simple question, what to do when I'm stuck with PHP. It cant be generally found under specific topic name, its complex.
I have recently bought stackoverflow account, but I dont know where to post.
Can you hand me some good programming forum? or What are mine options.
Thank you.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How can I get help with code

Post by Webdongle » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:58 pm

You can search
site:w3schools.com the code you want info on
Other than that lessons at evening classes because there is much that can't be taught online.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:05 pm

JurajB wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:31 pm
I ask simple question, what to do when I'm stuck with PHP?
That's a very interesting question. It's not a simple question. Sometimes we all get "stuck" with PHP (or with Javascript, XML, CSS, HTML, SQL and all the other building blocks that go into constructing a web-based application).

Yes, when we get stuck, what do we do? It's even more complicated when you don't always understand the language of the question that you want answered; or even the language of the answer. So I don't really know the answer to this simple question. I just apply the experience that I have obtained over fifty years of practising my craft.

@Webdongle offers good advice: learn in whatever way best suits your personality. Some people learn by using online reference material at places like W3Schools; that's a good point of reference. Some people learn the art of programming by reading printed books or attending classes. Some people learn by example: e.g. they visit places such as StackIdeas or StackExchange. Other people learn by searching the internet, even if they don't know the question.

Some people find it more efficient to bring in a consultant: pay someone else for a solution.

So while this may be a simple question, there is no universal answer. Everyone learns differently.

I respect the OP for asking these general questions (even if we cannot always find perfect answers to them) and, for the benefit of others—who may be seeking related information—I would point them to: 8)

web.dev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by web.dev » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:53 pm

JurajB wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:31 pm
Can you hand me some good programming forum? or What are mine options.
You may find [red dit], Discord, IRC and php.net good places to look through.
More here: https://www.php.net/support

Return to “The Lounge”