make a new menu looks like "latest news"

woomera
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

make a new menu looks like "latest news"

Post by woomera » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:34 pm

i need to have a module in my website similiar to "latest news" and "top contents" but with a diffrent that i need specific contents appear in it.so i created a new menu and inserted the link in it then applied it in the frontpage,the problem is that it doesnt apply as hyperlinks but it appears as menu items.i was wondering how can i make it look like "latest news" or "top contents"?

here is an screenshot:

any help is really appreciated

nepalj00mla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: make a new menu looks like "latest news"

Post by nepalj00mla » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:16 am

It seems that you may have done some mistake while making module. Please write how you create module and have you created sections and categories properly which are associated to the module that youv'e created.

woomera
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: make a new menu looks like "latest news"

Post by woomera » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:04 pm

well i never associated anything with the menu.i just added link-content in the menu manager.well i found a way around it,to use the editor in the module properties and insert the links and it will look like the "latest news" module but it would be nice if i could do it by adding/removing bottons(so much easier)...

unseenfootage
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: make a new menu looks like

Post by unseenfootage » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:41 am

There is a module called - featured articles that you can download here: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/

It allows you to enter the content item id's that you want to display in any order. It works just like latest news - displays the titles of the content item.

unseenfootage
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: make a new menu looks like

Post by unseenfootage » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:42 am

There is a module called - featured articles that you can download here: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/

It allows you to enter the content item id's that you want to display in any order. It works just like latest news - displays the titles of the content item.

Return to “Tips & Tricks - Moving”