How to change language order in Language Manager for M17n?

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 1.5.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Locked
artonezero
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:02 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

How to change language order in Language Manager for M17n?

Post by artonezero » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi, I am using the M17n module to provide four different language versions of a site for a client (English, German, Spanish & French). M17n inserts flags for each of the languages in the order in which the languages are listed in the Joomla! Language Manager. For the above languages this is 1.German 2.English 3.Spanish 4. French.

The client would like the flags listed in the order English, Spanish, French, German.

Is there any way I can change the order that the languages appear in Language Manager to effect this, or can anyone suggest another solution?

Many thanks
--Mike
Mike Lloyd | Published Joomla Author
http://www.learnjoomla.co.uk <-- Joomla! 2.5 Help

User avatar
draftvader
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:52 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Contact:

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by draftvader » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:50 am

Did you ever resolve this? For what I can see the issue is in the core of 1.5 Not having had enough time to work through 1.6 or 1.7 yet do you know if this is resolved there?
http://www.theorganicweb.co.uk

"Geek is all I've got. That and my sweet style" - Moss, IT Crowd

artonezero
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:02 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by artonezero » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:04 am

No, it never got resolved. I haven't evaluated the Joomla 1.7 language features yet.
Mike Lloyd | Published Joomla Author
http://www.learnjoomla.co.uk <-- Joomla! 2.5 Help

Sapience
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by Sapience » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi,
I was searching for a way to change the language-order in joomla 1.7 and google pointed me to this topic. Unfortunately it didn't give me an answer so I tried some things myself...
Although I assume that you already found a solution yourself I wanted to write down the way I changed the language order:
- go to the language manager (under extensions)
- click on the content tab, this will show you the languages you've added for the content
here you will see a column 'Ordering' but it is greyed out so you can't change it.
- click on the columntitle 'Ordering' and now you can change the order (you can use the up/down arrows or you can fill in the numbers for ordering)
- click on the floppy-icon to save the new order.
That's all

rycka1983
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by rycka1983 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Sapience wrote:Hi,
I was searching for a way to change the language-order in joomla 1.7 and google pointed me to this topic. Unfortunately it didn't give me an answer so I tried some things myself...
Although I assume that you already found a solution yourself I wanted to write down the way I changed the language order:
- go to the language manager (under extensions)
- click on the content tab, this will show you the languages you've added for the content
here you will see a column 'Ordering' but it is greyed out so you can't change it.
- click on the columntitle 'Ordering' and now you can change the order (you can use the up/down arrows or you can fill in the numbers for ordering)
- click on the floppy-icon to save the new order.
That's all
Sapience, I tried this, but ordering is greyed out no matter what I do. I installed Joomla 2.5 and maybe this version has issues? Thanx.

juanrb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:47 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by juanrb » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:04 pm

any updates on this one? :eek:

PRoCoN
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:08 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by PRoCoN » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:47 am

I was searching for the same and found the answer by trying.
Go to Extensions --> Language Manager
Choose the content tab
The ordering is greyed out as some of you mention.
But if you click on Ordering (in blue), the ordering is no longer greyed out and you can enter your own order :-)

The same as Sapience mentions.

I use Joomla 1.7.3 (and yes I should upgrade)
bagge-web.dk & zirkel.dk

rycka1983
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by rycka1983 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:32 pm

PRoCoN wrote:I was searching for the same and found the answer by trying.
Go to Extensions --> Language Manager
Choose the content tab
The ordering is greyed out as some of you mention.
But if you click on Ordering (in blue), the ordering is no longer greyed out and you can enter your own order :-)

The same as Sapience mentions.

I use Joomla 1.7.3 (and yes I should upgrade)
It works in in Joomla 1.7.x, but not in 2.5.

krasatos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by krasatos » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:42 pm

rycka1983 wrote: It works in in Joomla 1.7.x, but not in 2.5.

same here, joomla 2.5.1
should we report it somewhere more official? or just talking about it here is enough?

edit: tried with FF10.0.2, Chrome 17 and IE9, all failed

rycka1983
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by rycka1983 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:57 pm

krasatos wrote:
rycka1983 wrote: It works in in Joomla 1.7.x, but not in 2.5.

same here, joomla 2.5.1
should we report it somewhere more official? or just talking about it here is enough?

edit: tried with FF10.0.2, Chrome 17 and IE9, all failed
I have never tried to report bugs so if somone knows better, please try and report it

krasatos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by krasatos » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:27 am

any moderator or expert could please help us out resolve this?

luc_p1001
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by luc_p1001 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:12 am

i did it changing the field:"ordering" , in the table _languages, of database.

rycka1983
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by rycka1983 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:34 am

luc_p1001 wrote:i did it changing the field:"ordering" , in the table _languages, of database.
I had to do the same, but accesing database for things like that is annoying :D.

User avatar
infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 18867
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:47 pm
Location: **Translation Matters**

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by infograf768 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:05 am

MN17 is not used in joomla 2.5.
The ordering issue is now solved in 2.5.x and will be available in 2.5.2

See:
[#28072] *Content Languages ordering broken
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... m_id=28072

In the meanwhile just overwrite the file
administrator/components/com_languages/views/languages/tmpl/default.php

with the attached one (after decompressing)
default.php.zip
Please post issues related to 2.5 in the language 1.7 -2.5 forum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf · http://www.info-graf.fr
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

krasatos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Re: How to change language order in Language Manager for M17

Post by krasatos » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:17 pm

already posted it in the 2.5 section, here it is:

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=615&t=697886

will quote your post there :)


Locked

Return to “Language - Joomla! 1.5”