025 - Introduce at least 3 new end users to the Joomla! Backend for administrato

Google's Highly Open Participation Program tries to get young students into Open Source and Joomla! specifically. Everyone is welcome, there are not limits. You can be a coder, documenter, tester, translator to help out. Jump in and start helping!
jnaf
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

025 - Introduce at least 3 new end users to the Joomla! Backend for administrato

Post by jnaf » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:16 pm

Hello, my name is John-Nicholas Furst (my first name is hyphenated and I usually go by just J-N).

I am a junior in high-school in Oregon and have been working with php and websites for about 6 years. Some other related background info about me is that I am the programming captain of my high-school's FIRST robotics team.

I will be conducting this study with three of my friends who have basic knowledge of cms's but have not used Joomla!.

I have arranged for the first test / observation later today so we will see how that works out.

I look forward to completing this task as well as others for the Joomla! community.

J-N

Task claimed: Nov 28 Dec 12

Google Task

[me=AmyStephen]Changed subject slightly for sorting all threads to match against Google resource  :)[/me]
Last edited by AmyStephen on Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: 25 - Introduce at least 3 new end users to the Joomla! Back end for administ

Post by mcsmom » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:31 pm

Welcome!

Sounds like a good plan. I think the results will be very interesting.
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: 025 - Introduce at least 3 new end users to the Joomla! Backend for administ

Post by AmyStephen » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:31 am

John-Nicholas -

Do you have a draft for review? It would be helpful to get that to as soon. This task is due on the 12th and it can take a few reviews before final. Hopefully, we will hear from you very soon.

Thanks!
Amy :)

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: 025 - Introduce at least 3 new end users to the Joomla! Backend for administ

Post by AmyStephen » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:04 am

Task will be re-opened for another student, past due, no response.

Thread will be locked to prevent confusion.

Hope everything is okay John! Take care,
Amy :)

Return to “Google's Highly Open Participation Contest”