This is my second task, my first task was to create a Bi-fold brochure titled, "Joomla for Worship".Description:
Download and install XAMPP and Joomla!. Research how to use phpMyAdmin
(which is part of XAMPP) to change the Administrator's MD5 password.
* FAQ How to change your Administrator Password
* Ability to follow technical instructions needed to install and
configure XAMPP and download and install Joomla!.
* Ability to use, or learn to use Wink;
* Good Communication Skill.
* Good Open Office Writer and communication skills.
Simple, easy to follow video.
Documentation written for this task must be made available under the
Joomla! Electronic Documentation License.
My name is James and live in Geelong (an hour from Melbourne) in Australia. I am 16 years old and have just completed my high school studies and am on holiday for a number of months until the univertsity year begins (Early March next year). I am hoping to get in to the University of Melbourne and complete a Bachelor of Computer Science.
This task interests me because I am very interested in security and I have also did some brief experimenting with MD5 hashes with Visual Basic. During that period I learn't about how to decrypt them as well as creating a new ones.
I was planning on going through the video with two end points, reseting the password using PHPmyAdmin to a new password (which I pressume was the main idea) and also how to recover your password (using Rainbow Tables, lookup tables offering a time-memory tradeoff to reveal plaintext password). I also plan on making it clear that it is very important to remember your password.
Just to check I am on the correct track...
1) Login to PHPmyAdmin
2) Locate the table in the correct database that contains that passwords
3) Replace the MD5 hash with a new one (generate new one with free program or use a pregenerated one.)
4) Login to Joomla! and change password to something else