143 - Implement Open Flash Chart as a Joomla! v 1.5 Extension

Google's Highly Open Participation Program tries to get young students into Open Source and Joomla! specifically. Everyone is welcome, there are not limits. You can be a coder, documenter, tester, translator to help out. Jump in and start helping!
annerajb
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: 143 - Implement Open Flash Chart as a Joomla! v 1.5 Extension

Post by annerajb » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:20 pm

will get to the repository asap btw Amy the thing with the creating the data file is that open flash chart is huge i mean really huge and would take a considerable amount of time to create component that will generate a chart going to think about it see if i have time. i hope the svn works this time i never worked with my other plugin

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by mcsmom » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:38 pm

Anner, if you need help with joomlacode, the best thing to do is go to the joomlacode forum, they will help you. I think they have solved the problem they were having.
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:02 pm

Here's what I did for now, I uploaded your work to http://JoomlaPlace.org/GHOP/143- Open Flash Chart.zip

And, I posted that link and closed your task on Google.

Later (soon even), it would be great to see you open a JoomlaCode repository. Especially for this work. Open Flash Chart is something people have been interested in for awhile. Someone will tackle this. Having your work available will be helpful. In fact, now, it's helpful as a plugin so it's certainly worth considering for JED.

We can talk more later - BUSY day!

Thanks again for your efforts - you are free to select your last task, if desired.

Amy :)

annerajb
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by annerajb » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:30 pm

whats JED and yeah waiting for approval of my project in joomlacode to try comminting again.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:33 pm

JED = Joomla! Extension Directory = http://extensions.joomla.org

Excuse my short responses - just busy today

annerajb
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by annerajb » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:08 pm

i tryed commiting this to my svn got the same error going to list what i did step by step.
right clicked on my desktop clicked checkout on tortoise svn clicked HEAD revision put the project svn path updated the destination apending a new folder so is on Desktop/open-flash-chart then it downloae nothing without errors as the svn is empty.
then i extracted the plugin rar into it added those files under svn control by right clicking and clicking add commited put my login info and got the same error.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:47 pm

You might want to post in the JoomlaCode forum for assistance, if you still have problems.

Thanks!

MasterC
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by MasterC » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:03 pm

I've got a little graph that I'd like to put up on my website, and I think the Open Flash Chart tool seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.  The basic idea is:

Code: Select all

blank | option1   |     option2    |      option3
user1       x                               x
-------
user2                     x                 x
-------
user3       x             x
Is this something Open Flash Chart can do?  If so, is this something the Joomla! extension can do?

Thanks!

-Chad

MiCCAS
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: 143 - Implement Open Flash Chart as a Joomla! v 1.5 Extensio

Post by MiCCAS » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:13 am

Not Found

The requested URL /GHOP/143 was not found on this server.
MiCCAS.net Free PC Services

anna.y
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by anna.y » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:36 pm

I put 'com_candle' into the 'search'. Would someone kindly tell me why this thread came as a search result?

And what is the 'proper' way to do the search to find what I'm looking for?

anna
Anna
Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue
http://www.torontogsdrescue.org

anna.y
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by anna.y » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:01 pm

Well, the reason I'm looking for 'com_candle' is that I have been flooded for the past two days with attempts to hack through this extension. They were not successful, but I was curious if anyone else experienced the same thing...

anna
Anna
Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue
http://www.torontogsdrescue.org

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by mcsmom » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:36 am

Anna,

I would post your question in the security forum.
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

annerajb
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by annerajb » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:32 pm

sorry for the late reply guys and incomplete i am taking a accelerated program on school so time is not a luxury :P but the reward is worth it.
basically what my plugin does is it creates a wrapper with the open flash chart libraries. ironically i made the plugin but i dont know how to use open flash chart to create graph but they have a good amount of documentation. once you found out how to do it you have 2 options if you need it dynamically you can create a php file that passes the data to open flash chart libraries and it will generate output in a format that the plugin can understand and display on your website.
or you can do a php file using the open flash chart libraries and pass the data statically get the output javascript code and paste it on the plugin url.

here is the url of open flash chart tutorials.http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart/tutorial.php i hope this if you have any other question ill try awnsering as far as i know hope that helps out.

bttman
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by bttman » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:47 pm

AmyStephen wrote:Yes, that is very nice!

I want to see if I understand where we are. At this point, we have a plugin that can be used to generate Open Flash Chart graphs. And, that works great!

The challenge is creating those text files - and getting the files placed in a location that it can be used to generate a graph.

Currently, the site developer would manually construct these text files (suggesting a bit of knowledge of the environment), and then upload the files to a readily available location - as suggested by annerajb to be the images\charts folder.

What Joe suggests as a next step would be to create an administrative component that would create and store those files. Perhaps even generate the plugin literal to be stored within the article.

Annerajb - this task is accepted as complete. You have a usable - be it a bit on the complicated side - but the graphing environment is rich. Hopefully, you might continue working on this and develop a more user friendly component. Or, if you choose not too, someone else might building on these beginnings. This work is all here, available for review and reuse.

Get a JoomlaCode repository, if you have not already, and place a link to the download in your Google task. I'll mark it complete. (We have no more space, so we are simply adding links.)

monk.e.boy - the integration into Joomla! has begun. Thank *you* for liberating your work for others. It is FABULOUS and an entire community will enjoy your work.

Thanks!
Is there any reason why this never made it into the extension directory?
Thanks, and sorry for dredging up shuch an old post, but I was thinking of developing something very similar until I stumbled upon this thread.
joe
Task closed

Return to “Google's Highly Open Participation Contest”