I will be writing a small document on how to modify the original Joomla template.
I look forward to meeting you all.
One line summary
Create a document explaining how to modify the default Template.
Explain how to navigate to the Template Manager in the backend
Administrator. Explain how to make each of these modifications to Joomla!'s
default Milkyway Template using step by step instructions:
* Change the Color Variation of the Template.
* Change the Background Variation of the Template.
* Change the Template Width.
* Change the Header Image.
* Change the favicon.
* Remove the "Powered by Joomla!" link at the bottom of the page.
Documentation written for this task must be made available under the
Joomla! Electronic Documentation License.
Ability to install XAMPP, download and install Joomla! on a localhost using
default data. Ability to review software and identify features. Good Open
Office Writer and communication skills.
Attractive, correctly written explanation. Use logo and color scheme.
Extra Credit (optional)
Provide a brief explanation why it is helpful to the Joomla! project to
keep the Powered by Joomla! link and encourage them community member to
display it proudly!
Show how to create an image to replace the header image using Gimp.
To install Joomla! on an XAMPP localhost
* XAMPP - http://www.apachefriends.org
* Download Joomla! - http://help.joomla.org/content/view/1942/302/
* Install Joomla! on a localhost - http://help.joomla.org/content/view/1947/306/
Joomla! logo and color scheme - http://www.joomla.org/content/view/259/70/
Open Office Instructions
1. Download Open Office http://download.openoffice.org
[me=AmyStephen]updated title for sorting; added task instructions.[/me]