In this task you will help the Joomla! team prepare for the release of
Joomla! 1.5 by carrying out a systematically organized set of tests and
reporting the results.
You will carry out the tests using at least three web browsers from the
following list: Firefox 2.0 Internet Explorer 6 Internet Explorer 7 Safari
YOu can find the test plan here:
http://code.google.com/p/google-highly- ... anager.odt
In your report you should clearly indicate which tests were passed or
failed. For example you might want to indicate a failed test by using a red
* Good organizational ability
* Access to multiple browsers
* Access to a Joomla! 1.5 website created using the 1.5 Test Package
You can download the test package from the download tab in the
You can download the browsers at these locations:
* Internet explorer: http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE
* Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
* Opera: http://www.opera.com/
* Safari: http://www.apple.com/safari/download/
A complete report summarizing testing results. In addition to the results
for your test include complete details of the hosting environment,
including versions of your operating system, server, MySQL and PHP.
The product may be either a spreadsheet or document and should be done in
Documentation written for this task must be made available under the
Joomla! Electronic Documentation License. will insert the text for the
Extra Credit (optional)
Complete the testing on all 5 browsers
My name is James Ramsay, this is my 4th task.
I actually completed the task this morning before I claimed it while finalising Task 20. Testing was a success.
Testing Environment - Browsers:
- Safari 3.0.4 (Windows)
- Firefox 184.108.40.206 (Windows)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 64-bit Edition
- Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Web Server: Apache 2.26
- MySQL: 5.0.45
- PHP Version: 5.2.4
In the testing of the "Help" buttons, the help content in all cases seemed to be placeholder content, however the buttons did link submit what appeared to be the correct links.
LINK: http://bhsnerds.net/ftp/UnitTestResults ... anager.pdf
P.S. I am working on a better document. Should be done shortly