170 - Implement MetaWeblog API to interact with Joomla! v 1.5 xml-rpc plugin

Google's Highly Open Participation Program tries to get young students into Open Source and Joomla! specifically. Everyone is welcome, there are not limits. You can be a coder, documenter, tester, translator to help out. Jump in and start helping!
justo.derivera
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: 170 - Implement MetaWeblog API to interact with Joomla! v 1.5 xml-rpc plugin

Post by justo.derivera » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:51 am

AmyStephen wrote: Justo -

What can I say, dude? You ROCK! You had a couple of really challenging tasks and you dug in deep, took your time coming up with good solutions and worked hard. You are going to be someone people enjoy working with because you are dependable and you get things done correctly.

I did more testing tonight and really like what I saw. It will be good for you and Ian and I to work together in the coming weeks on really nailing this extension down tightly. If you Skype, please add me (AmyStephen) and we'll IM on this. It's going to be a frequently used extension and, as you know, very important to do correctly.

Thanks so much for coming to Joomla!. You are someone we very much appreciate - I hope you enjoyed your experience and I hope we continue to see you around!

Take care,
Amy :)
Thanks Amy :)

I don't have Skype, but I'll create an account this evening, since I don't have much time now (have to go to school :P).

This has been two very great months, I loved developing this challenging tasks. And now that it's over, I'll love to stay in Joomla!, I discovered how a cool CMS and Community it is :-*

See you later,
Justo

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: 170 - Implement MetaWeblog API to interact with Joomla! v 1.5 xml-rpc plugin

Post by AmyStephen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:22 am

All right, Joomla! Community! It's OUR turn! justo.derivera need testers for the MetaWeblog API.

If you are interested, check out Justo's instructions, download his extensions, and *please* provide him with your feedback in that thread (not in this contest thread.)

Thank you!
Amy :)

scrotty
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: 170 - Implement MetaWeblog API to interact with Joomla! v 1.

Post by scrotty » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:29 pm

That installation instructions URL doesn't seem to show up very well for me? Can someone post the directions again?
I'll answer my own question ;) : http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 2#p1192273

Thanks!
Sean

gggeek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: 170 - Implement MetaWeblog API to interact with Joomla! v 1.

Post by gggeek » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:41 pm

Just a small note - it would be nice if the nex release of Joomla updated the integrated phpxmlrpc lib, used as the core for this webservices stuff.
The latest version (2.2.1) contains a workaround for the php 5.2.2 bug with RAW_POST_DATA that many users always complain about in different forums...

Return to “Google's Highly Open Participation Contest”