[30] Current Password before new Password

derred
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

[30] Current Password before new Password

Post by derred » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:00 pm

Hi all,

I did use the search bar and I went thru some threads and I couldn't find this feature request.

My request will be regarding the password authentication, such as:

Current Password: *******
***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****

New password: *********
Confirm password: *******

together with built-in Captcha of course (if there is such feature but no captcha, it will force some users to use some other login/user component such CB and stuff).

I think this is a greatly important feature especially for single system but multi-users (1 PC-for-all/family/friends/house/whatever).

One of instance can be say you log-in and forget to log-out your session, within certain timeframe before the server/joomla clears out all log-in users (say 60 minutes), anybody could easily change my password since to update password I only need to enter new password and re-confirm.

I am no expert in Joomla, so pardon my noobness if there is any in my feature request.

I am motivated to write all this (even though I am no expert or experienced Joomla user) because I see the white paper feature request for Joomla 1.6. Hopefully this feature will be available in the future.

Thank you for your time and concern.

ps: is there by any chance, this will be available on Joomla 1.5.x ? Thank you in advance.

derred
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: [feature requests] Current Password before new Password

Post by derred » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:16 pm

I searched into Joomla 1.5 threads and topics, but couldn't find a suitable one to forward the above message I just wrote. I don't know if there is possibility this coming on next Joomla 1.5 patches or upgrades. That's why I was thinking to forward this feature.

So any help would definitely be appreciated.

.Joel
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: [30] Current Password before new Password

Post by .Joel » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:57 am

Hi,

This would be a reccomended addition to Joomla. We have had a few times now where some of our members are High School or University students, they have been distracted and failed to log out. The offending party has made a few changes and posts and content entries using their account, then changed their password for future access and then the email address.

I would like to see the current password required for both changing to a new password, and changing to a new email address. This would beneficial.

Regards,

.Joel

Return to “Under Review - Archived”