[32]Missing 1.0.x features

Kampp
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

[32]Missing 1.0.x features

Post by Kampp » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi

My wish (besides full ACL support) is to have the features back that is missing in 1.5 that was in the old 1.0 series.
These more specificaly are:
  1. When viewing any menu with article-menuitems. The link type becomes a link that when clicked takes you directly to edit of the article. This was a great features that speeds up the usablility. I am not aware of why this was taken out of 1.5.
  • When creating/editing an article it should be possible to create a new direct menu-item for it in a choosen menu while creating the content. This greatly speeded up the creation time as well as not having to to find it amongst the many many many articles one might have if done through the menu.
In shourt two great features that was there but is now missing... I would like to see these back as I feel new versions should only improve features and not remove old features.

Cheers, Kampp
http://www.toolmaster.dk - Danish Joomla Services!

paulgibbs
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: [32]Missing 1.0.x features

Post by paulgibbs » Thu May 01, 2008 5:59 pm

I'm glad this is still listed in the "under review" section. I'm with you on this! It would really simplify life for those of us who have a hundred or more static pages to put up, and would soften the impatience of data entry personnel.

Autopopulating menu link properties based on content properties
I do have a bit more functionality I'd like to suggest as my vision for how this would flesh out: creating the link from the content creation screen would also allow you to autopopulate the menulink options with stuff from the piece of content you're in the process of creating. For instance, it could autopopulate the name of the menu item and the alias of the menu item with the name and alias you've just typed in for the content item, and security settings could also be autopopulated from the article's security settings. Once autopopulated, you could type something else in its place, but 9 times out of 10 you wouldn't need to do that as the two are normally the same. This autopopulation of menu link properties could happen when you check a check box for creating a menu link; if unchecked, perhaps the properties would be hidden or else inactivated and greyed out.

Template selection for menu link

The same screen location where the menu is created could also have a drop down with which you could pick the template to use for that item as well.

These changes (or reincarnation, in the case of the menu link creation) would really speed up the creation of sites that have a lot of static pages! Maybe some of this is still in there, and I just haven't seen it. The menu link disappearance from 1.0 to 1.5 has been a particularly difficult loss for me. :)

brad
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: [32]Missing 1.0.x features

Post by brad » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:44 pm

Mod note: spam removed. Locking thread.

Return to “Under Review - Archived”