The user management system requires a number of features to supplement the growing need of community based sites, as well as allowing
A number of features are proposed:
- Require acceptance of a user Agreement or Terms of Service
- Set Reserved Usernames (e.g. webmaster, support, etc)
- Disable numbers only for username (mix of number and letters OK), or have the ability to set a regular expression for username validation.
- Required length for user username (e.g. min 5 characters long)
- Required strength for user passwords (e.g. min 8 characters long)
- Block an email via regular expression (eg @hotmail.com)
- Block registration from certain ip's
- Allow for an Extendible password encryption (eg MD5 or SHA1, etc)
- Allow CSV/XML export/import of users
- Ability to add simple additional fields at registration (possibly via an additional parameter field and custom xml definition)
- Ability to require administrator approval of users following registration.
- Ability to invite users to register (may include an interface to invite from your Gmail contacts, etc)
- Force change password every X days, or on "next" login. (would just need a pwd_expiry date field)
- Logging of events (failed attempts to log in, etc) (using JLog?)
Requires addition configuration settings. Would be best to move these out of global configuration and into the com_user preferences.
"Rules" and "Tests" simply need a configuration setting and appropriate code in the User Table check method. Others, such as forcing a password change, event logging, could be achieved with plugins.
Import/export features require additional view and methods.
May introduce backward compatibility issues with existing users if they are trying to change their details.
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... #msg934669