[12]Create XML extension to JDocument

lightinthedark
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

[12]Create XML extension to JDocument

Post by lightinthedark » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:57 am

1. INTRODUCTION

The current set of document types do not allow a developer to send all and only the correct and required headers to identify a page as a valid XML document using the given JDocument extentions (including raw). The only way to achieve this as the system stands would be using the setType method with a raw document, and sending another header "by hand" in each the generation of each php-generated xml document (which seems not in keeping with the JDocument approach).
This specifically causes problems when using behavior.mootree, and it's tree.root.load() function to dynamically load a tree from an xml file at a given location, as this requires the xml it receives to be correctly identified as such in the headers.

2. SCOPE

Implement a JDocumentXML extension to the JDocument class to allow use of "&format=xml" when wishing to generate a valid xml file

3. TECHNICAL IMPLEMENTATION

Copy the attached files (unzipped) into joomla_root/libraries/joomla/document/
That's it. Job done. Really. Very simple, so pleeeease can it be included? *flutters eyelashes* maybe even in a patch / update to J 1.5.x ?

4. IMPACTS

Allows easy generation of valid xml. Breaks nothing as it only adds functionality and doesn't alter any existing code

5. DEPENDENCIES

JDocument is the parent of JDocumentXML, so it depends on that and the current general document generation model

6. REFERENCES

I have posted a more detailed rundown of my specific encounter with this issue before and after coming up with the solution proposed. I can give a more easily replicated example if required.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

afarouk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: [12]Create XML extension to JDocument

Post by afarouk » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:50 am

Hi,
I am interested in this feature. Is it possible to send me (or post) the detailed example you mentioned?
Thanks
Al

Return to “Accepted - Archived”