[25]Loosely-Couple ControlPanel, Web Site Add Authoring Site

JasynL1977
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

[25]Loosely-Couple ControlPanel, Web Site Add Authoring Site

Post by JasynL1977 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:27 pm

It would be nice if the Control Panel was not so tightly-integrated into the Joomla application. Rather, there should be a loose-coupling of two sites, or even possibly more.

1) The Front-End Web site - Live
2) The Control Panel (which can reside in a public or non-public directory that you specify)

Another possibility, as I have seen with commercial, enterprise-level CMS applications is the ability to have another site:

3) Front-End Web Site - Authoring Environment (mirrors the live site, for "extranet" access)

This would allow for a much better content approval process. Articles can be drafted and appear in an authoring environment, pending approval, so that managers can see what the web site will look like. Articles would appear on the live site once they are approved. (It would be even better if Joomla enhanced its content approval process, but that's a different request!)

Like Drupal, you should also be able to manage multiple web sites from one Control Panel.

JasynL1977
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Loosely-Couple Control Panel, Web Site; Add Authoring Site

Post by JasynL1977 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:46 pm

This is hard to write a detailed roadmap for, because it would involve a lot of complex design changes to Joomla. Perhaps someone can help out with this part.

Please do not write this off just yet as a "feature request." I don't see anyone else on the forum with this idea.

Jason

jh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: [25]Loosely-Couple ControlPanel, Web Site Add Authoring Site

Post by jh » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:17 pm

Just wanted to add an example of how this is done quite seamlessly and brilliantly (in my non-professional opinion) by PrestaShop which will not launch until the admin folder name has been changed to the folder name of ones choice. Check it out and see if it will help in the goal of not having to reinvent the wheel.

Return to “Not Accepted - Archived”