Someone claiming credit for my Joomla site.

jgstyle
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Someone claiming credit for my Joomla site.

Post by jgstyle » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:52 am

Hey all,

I'll post this here since I suspect that unscrupulous individuals such as this peruse "showcase" forums to find sites they can claim as their own work.

Anyway, my site is Fantasy Book Banner (link in sig). I set up a Google Alert on it just in case anything popped up on it.

Truthfully, I haven't updated it in awhile, and most of the time all I get is hits on my signature on various forums, but this morning I got a link to a freelancer website to someone claiming to have developed my site:

https://www.getafreelancer.com/users/1300468.html

If you visit this site you'll see that he has my site listed under his "Joomla Sites" heading.

Man, talk about surprised. Of course, I knew this sort of thing happened, but when it happens to you... Sheesh. The nerve of this guy.

Needless to say, the site was developed solely by me, with no other assistance from anyone. I've never even heard of this person until this morning.

I was unable to email this individual, so I was forced to actually register at this site and use their "report violation" system to explain the situation. I have no experience with this site so I hope it wasn't a mistake to register there.

Anyway, I guess the bottom line is to set up those Google Alerts and keep an eye on your brand. Here's hoping that this site is honest and that they get him to remove my site.

Return to “1.5 Site Showcase - Archived”