livinggallery
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla + Coppermine + VirtueMart Photo Gallery

Post by livinggallery » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi there,

I'd like to present my FineArt photo gallery to you:

http://www.LivingGallery.eu

I recently updated from Joomla 1.0.x to Joomla 1.5 and it wasn't that hard. I had to adjust some parts of the templates and of the code, but everything works fine now :D

My site uses self designed themes for Joomla and Coppermine so that the gallery looks very integrated into Joomla. To put them together I use the wonderful Joomla/Coppermine bridge made by Mehdi, which is also available for Joomla 1.5 now. However it's only a visual integration, the users are not shared between the gallery and Joomla. The positive thing about this is that I can register customers within Joomla (via VirtueMart) without registering them in Coppermine. That was exactly what I wanted.

The VirtueMart component is also integrated within Coppermine by myself. To do this I use a user field within Coppermine to store the VirtueMart SKU. I modified some code of the Coppermine implementation to add, modify and delete products whenever I will add a new image to the gallery. It's all done automatically, even the prices - depending on the image proportion - are calculated and assigned to the image-product. I also add an "add to cart" button within the Coppermine template which allows the visitor of my site to add the image he/she is currently watching to the VirtueMart shopping cart.

Feel free to share your thoughts and thank you in advance for your feedback.

Regards,
Frank

scurveedog
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla + Coppermine + VirtueMart Photo Gallery

Post by scurveedog » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:15 am

First thing Frank, Your pictures are stunning!

One thing I didn't like about your site was that when I clicked a picture, a set of thumbs would pop up for a split second before the image loaded full view. A slight thing though.

What you need is a 4,000 sq/ft photo gallery to do your pictures justice!

thanks for sharing and inspiring

livinggallery
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

UPDATE: Joomla + Coppermine + VirtueMart Photo Gallery

Post by livinggallery » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Hello everyone,

some time ago I updated my site design. The basic implementation with Joomla! and Coppermine is the same, but the themes has been changed completely.
I added a custom made language switcher which does not only switch the language of Joomla!, but also the language of Coppermine at the same time.
Thanks to Joomla! I do now have my own blog and via the wonderful Joomla! <-> Coppermine bridge by Mehdi the whole site looks very solid.
Last but not least I added a lot of new Fine Art photos since I started this topic ;)

Enjoy and please let me know your thoughts and opinions. Thanks.

Frank

Return to “1.5 Site Showcase - Archived”