Console Repairs Site

Rizla_UK
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Console Repairs Site

Post by Rizla_UK » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi,

I'm a total novice when it comes to setting up a website, but after much reading and pracitising on my home pc i've had a stab at my first site. I think it's ok, but would very much like to try and get it looking a bit more professional. All feedback good or bad will be duly noted and if i can better the site in any way, with your advise or suggestions, i will.

http://www.console-repairs.net/

One thing i can't seem to fix is the paypal module, even though it's alignment is set to center, it's still not centered.

Regards

Rizla

catman1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Console Repairs Site

Post by catman1 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:01 am

Nice, clean, simple layout. Main context text in gray is difficult to read against black background; links are fine. What was not centered in the PayPal module? Did you mean your custom banner? I set up PayPal for a shopping cart for someone, and the custom banner guidelines on the PayPal site just gave the maximum dimensions for the custom image. I didn't see anything about centering it, but perhaps I missed that option. On the topic of PayPal: When a viewer clicks on the PayPal link, IE pops up the "page contains secure and nonsecure items" warning. If you find that this is a turnoff for your customers, you can host your custom banner image on a secure host to prevent it. You can find free image hosts that will do that. Use a Google search or PM me for more info. In your post, you used "it's" when you should have used "its" (before the word "alignment"). I hope you didn't do that on the site.

Rizla_UK
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Console Repairs Site

Post by Rizla_UK » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi again,

Thanks for the reply. The paypal alignment problem i'm having is the actual "Payments by Paypal" picture in the menu isn't centered. Points noted on the grey on black, i may go through and see if can brighten the text up a few notches. I see what you mean about that annoying pop-up in IE and i would like to lose that. I also noted that when testing in IE, my custom banner doesn't show up for some reason. The " it's " was a one-off :). I will be spending a few more hours tonight trying to work on what you've pointed out. Any more feedback or suggestions are always welcome.

Regards

Rizla

Return to “1.5 Site Showcase - Archived”